Matheson Beach is great for beginners, or those who simply enjoy a peaceful practice session. Matheson Hammock Park is a lovely scenic park with an unusual feature--a man-made atoll pool, which is flushed naturally with the tidal action of nearby Biscayne Bay. Its tranquil breeze-swept beach is a haven for families who enjoy its warm, safe waters and beautiful waterside views.
Matheson is also a prime spot for Kite-Boarding. Its active breezes and calm shallow waters make launching easy.
The park also has a full-service marina, snack bar and restaurant built into an historic coral rock building, picnic pavilions and nature trails.
Sunrise to Sunset
A nearby bayside park makes this one of our most popular marinas. Dock here and you'll enjoy a tropical hammock, sailing with the pros at Castle Harbor Sailing School and a sandy beach and natural atoll pool with a first-class restaurant.
Matheson Hammock Park also has a scenic lake bordered by a large coral rock picnic pavilion and smaller pavilions with charcoal grills, picnic tables and benches. Nature trails and bike trails weave throughout the park.
Floating and Fixed docks
- 30'- 50' wet slips
- 30 & 50 amp service
- Water hookups
- Annual contracts
- Daily permits
- Monthly permits
Annual Park/ Ramp Passes
Documentation must be presented to park office to receive annual pass
- Boat Ramp Decals (Includes regular park parking)
- $199.65 + tax; Senior (62 and over) - $110.00 +tax
- Park Pass (Excludes boat ramp usage)
- $140.19 + tax; Senior (62 and over) - $50.00 + tax
- Veterans - Free
Facility Rentals and Fees
- $150.00 refundable clean-up deposit. Reservations available through ParkLink.
- Coral Rock Shelter
- $215.00 + tax - 75 guest capacity
- Tiki Shelters
- $110.00 + tax - 25 guest capacity
- Open Areas
- Please call park office for pricing and availability
Red Fish Grill Restaurant
The Red Fish Grill was featured on the Cooking Channel and awarded the 100 Best Al Fresco Dining Restaurants in the Nation, 2016. The restaurant on the beach serves fresh seafood, pasta, chicken and steak nightly, except Mondays. You can dine inside the historic coral rock building or outside, overlooking the beach and Biscayne Bay. The Grill's snack bar offers casual food for lunch, daily. View the menu, make a reservation or get directions to the restaurant by visiting Red Fish Grill's website.
- Open Tuesday - Sunday
- For reservations and availability call 305-668-8788
Public Swim Hours
Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Fuel Dock / Bait & Tackle Shop
- Pump out station
- For fuel prices and inquiries call 305-668-3020
- Kayak rentals
- Kite surfing
- For pricing and availability call 305-733-1519
- Reoccurring clean ups on the 4th Saturday of every month; Reserve on Miami-Dade County Park Link
- Invasive species removals and additional clean-ups available upon request
West Matheson is an approximately 109-acre portion of Matheson Hammock Park with nearly 90% designated as a Natural Forrest Community and Environmentally Endangered Land. Matheson Hammock Park is a Metropolitan and a Heritage Park recognized by the County for its historical significance as its first park. As described in the Countys Comprehensive Development Master Plan and Park and Open Space Master Plan, the service area for Metropolitan Parks is countywide, affording and encouraging access and usage by all 2.8 million residents and visitors to Miami-Dade County.