At this time, Miami-Dade County is monitoring Hurricane Matthew.
Please visit our Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Rules & Regulations
- Undesirable Acts and Behavior
- Rule 28. Noise
- Rule 29. Merchandising, vending, peddling, etc.
- Rule 30. Advertising and publicity and signs
- Rule 31. Public demonstration, gatherings, performances, speeches, etc.
- Rule 32. Under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol intoxication
- Rule 33. Intoxicating liquors, beer, wine, etc.
- Rule 34. Proper use of facilities
- Rule 35. Gambling
- Enforcement and Obedience to Rules
- Rule 36. Authority of Miami-Dade Police Department officials and Park Department officials
- Chapter 8CC -Code Enforcement
- Section 8CC-10. Schedule of civil penalties.
Rule 27. Refuse, trash, and destruction of park property
(a) No person shall deposit or drop or place any refuse including bottles, broken glass, ashes, paper, boxes, cans, dirt, rubbish, waste, garbage, tobacco products or containers of foil upon the ground or on any other park property except in receptacles provided for trash disposal. At no time shall any petroleum products be disposed of on park property except into those containers provided at marina facilities for that purpose.
(b) No person shall bring to or use any water or beverage container made of glass on any beach available to the public in the unincorporated area of the County.
(c) No person shall deposit into any recycle bin or container any material other than that for which it is intended. (Ord. No. 59-14, Rules, Art. 5, § 2, 6-16-59; Ord. No. 86-64, § 1, 9-16-86; Ord. No. 95-82, § 1, 5-2-95)
Rule 28. Noise
No person entering or upon parks, recreation and open space areas shall make excessive unnecessary noise and all provisions of Chapter 21-28 and 21-28.1 of the Miami-Dade County Code shall apply to and be enforced in all park areasBack to Top
Rule 29. Merchandising, vending, peddling, etc.
No person, organization or firm other than licensed concessionaires permitted by and acting under the authority of the Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces Department will expose or offer for sale, rent or trade, any article or thing, or station or place any stand, cart, or vehicle for the transportation, sale or display of any article or merchandise within the limits of any parks, recreation and open spaces area. (Ord. No. 59-14, Rule, Part 2, Art. 3, § 4, 6-16-59; Ord. No. 85-56, § 3, 7-16-85)Back to Top
Rule 30. Advertising and publicity and signs
No person shall advertise or obtain publicity through any means whatsoever within or upon any park property, except as permitted by Article 6 of the Miami-Dade County Home Rule Charter. To insure compliance, specific approval in advance and in writing from the Department Director is required and such approval shall be so worded as to prohibit damage to or marring of park property or vegetation, disturbance of park patrons or the display of anything unsightly or in disharmony with park beauty. (Ord. No. 59-14, Rules, Part 2, Art 3, § 5, 6-16-59)Back to Top
Rule 31. Public demonstration, gatherings, performances, speeches, etc.
The County Manager in conjunction with the Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces Department Director has the responsibility and authority to establish guidelines for the permitting for demonstrations, gatherings, performances or other mass assemblages at County parks. Such rules and regulations shall be codified in Administrative Order 8-3, as amended, and be readily accessible to the public.Back to Top
Rule 32. Under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol intoxication
No person who is intoxicated or under the influence of drugs will be permitted entry to parks or recreation areas and if discovered therein will be ejected forthwith.Back to Top
Rule 33. Intoxicating liquors, beer, wine, etc.
Drinking of alcoholic liquors or beverages and the bringing of such into the park areas shall be permitted only under the circumstances set forth in the following paragraphs:
- (a) At certain special specifically designated facilities where meals or lunches are served under concession privileges, the sale of alcoholic liquors or alcoholic beverages by such concessionaire or his employees will be permitted under strict regulation, being restricted to certain hours of the day and under the special authorization and control of the Department. Such sales shall be made only in individual cups (not in original packages or otherwise in bulk) and shall be served for consumption on the immediate premises of the concession and such sales of beer and wine are to be permitted only in open containers for consumption on the immediate premises of the concession except that the sale of unopened containers through concessions furnishing boats will be permitted.
- (b) At picnic parties during hours of noon to sundown; and can only be consumed at picnic shelter areas or areas specifically designated by the Department Director. Special events as designated by the Department Director shall be exempt from the provisions of this paragraph.
- (c) Owners of boats or vessels regularly docked or moored at or in park marina areas, or occupants of cabanas, shall be permitted to transport alcoholic liquors or beverages across park properties for use on board said boats, vessels, or in cabanas only. (Ord. No. 59-14, Rules, Part 2, Art 4, § 1, 6-16-59; Ord. No. 97-36, § 1, 5-6-97)
- (d) The consumption of alcoholic beverages is specifically prohibited by those directing, participating in, or spectators of any athletic events, and in particular youth activities and programs organized by the County or self-organized and authorized under permit by the Department.
Rule 34. Proper use of facilities
- (a) No person over the age of ten (10) shall occupy such seats or benches or enter into such pavilions or other park structures or sections thereof that are reserved or designed by the Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces Department for the exclusive use of the opposite sex unless providing personal assistance to a person with a disability, when no unisex facility exists. Children ten (10) years of age and under entering such opposite sex facilities must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- (b) No person will loiter in or around any restroom, dressing room or bathhouse, picnic shelter, wooded or natural area. (Ord. No. 59-14, Rules, Part 2, Art. 3, § 8, 6-16-59)
Rule 35. Gambling
No person or organization shall conduct raffles, bingo games, or card games for money or drawings for prizes or participate in any other forms of gambling within park limits. (Ord. No 59-14, Rules, Part 2, Art. 3, § 2, 6-16-59)Back to Top
Rule 36. Authority of Miami-Dade Police Department officials and Park Department officials
(a) It shall be the duty and responsibility of the Miami-Dade Police Department to enforce all State laws, County ordinances, and in conjunction with Department employees, enforce all regulations and rules as well as all provisions of permits issued by the Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces Department within the following areas of the County:
- All parks and other areas maintained and operated by the Miami-Dade County Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces Department;
- All beaches and ocean areas east of the State designated erosion control line and made available to the public in the unincorporated area of the County and in municipalities.
Section 8CC-10. Schedule of civil penalties.
|Code Civil Section||Description of Violation||Penalty|
|26-1 Rule 3(a)||Driving on other than approved park roadways||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 3(b)||Stopping on, or obstructing park roadways||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 4||Truck or commercial vehicle on restricted roadway w/out authorization||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 5||Other types of vehicles on any but vehicular roads
|26-1 Rule 6(a)||Parking in undesignated space or location||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 6(b)||Violation of overnight parking restriction||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 7(a)||Towing of vehicles on park managed beaches||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 7(b)||Providing taxi service w/out authorization||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 7(c)||Vehicle repair or cleaning on park property||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 8(b)||Defacement or destruction of park property||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 8(c)||Removal of plants or plant material||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 8(d)||Excavation in archeological sensitive areas of parks||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 8(e)||Construction or encroachment w/out authorization||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 8(f)||Lighting a fire or dumping in other than designated areas||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 8(g)||Leaving a park w/out extinguishing a fire||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 8(h)||Burning or defacing park equipment||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 9(a)||Molesting, harming or removal of wild animals from park property w/out authorization||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 9(b)||Feeding of any zoo animals||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 9(c)||Dumping or leaving wild or domestic animals in parks||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 10(b)||Introduction of exotic animal or leaving any animal in a park||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 10(c)||Feeding of animals in or adjacent to a park
|26-1 Rule 11||Entering a park with a domesticated animal, in other than designated area||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 12(a)||Operating an aerial apparatus on park property w/out authorization||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 12(b)||Flying lower than 1000 feet above populated park||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 13(a)||Trespassing on park property after operating hours||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 13(b)||Unauthorized entry onto a park that is in an unfinished state or under construction||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 16(a)||Swimming in other than designated park area||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 16(b)||Swimming with a floatation device in parks||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 16(c)||Erecting of structures on or in beach areas||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 17||Fishing in a park in other than designated areas||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 18(a)||Entering a park with a weapon other than designated facilities||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 19(a)||Possession or use of explosives or other incendiary devises on park property||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 20(a)||Picnicking or cooking in a park in other than designated areas||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 21||Horseback riding in a park in other than designated areas||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 22(a)||Bringing a watercraft in a park in other than designated areas||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 22(b)||Unauthorized mooring within 200 ft of park or marina||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 22(c)||Docking or boating in park water other than under permit||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 22(d)||Creation of excessive noise by boats in park waters||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 23||Commercial marina activity within park waters w/out permit||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 24(a)||Failure to follow Picnic Shelter Permit restrictions||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 24(b)||Solicitation, collection of funds, ticket sales within a park||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 25||Camping w/out permit or in other than designated area||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 26||Pollution of park waters||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 27(a)||Depositing of trash or garbage on park grounds||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 27(b)||Possession of glass containers on park beaches||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 27(c)||Use of recycle bin for other than intended purpose on park property||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 29||Illegal merchandising, vending, or peddling||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 30||Advertising on park property w/out authorization||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 31||Public demonstration, gatherings and performances without specific authorization||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 33(d)||consumption of alcohol at youth athletic events||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 34(a)||Entering facilities designated for opposite sex (child exclusion)||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 34(b)||Loitering in or about park restrooms, dressing room, bath house or nature area||100.00|
|26-1 Rule 35||Gambling on park property||100.00|
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.