At this time, Miami-Dade County is monitoring Hurricane Matthew.
Please visit our Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Master Plan Goals
- Every resident in the County can walk (within 5 minutes) to a central neighborhood park and civic space for picnics, special events, informal play and socialization.
- Every resident can safely and comfortably walk, bicycle, or take transit to community parks, recreation centers and special use/sports facilities.
Parks provide for a balance of active and passive uses.
- The County Parks Department works with every municipality and the School District to provide public access to schools, city parks, and County recreation areas.
- Equitable public access is provided to lakes, beaches, and other major natural features.
- Conservation areas and critical habitat are protected from over-use and negative impacts.
- An interconnected network of shaded and safe bikeways and trails connect to parks, neighborhoods, schools, employment centers, civic buildings, and other community destinations.
- Existing streets are transformed into tree-lined boulevards and parkways that define the County’s urban form.
- Bus transit is provided to every park and civic site.
- Public art, signage and cultural/historical exhibits are integrated into every park and public realm/infrastructure project to “tell the County’s story” and to create a sense of place.
- The County’s significant cultural and historical sites are protected, maintained, and promoted.
- Park improvements are used as catalysts for neighborhood stabilization and/or redevelopment.
- Parks are designed to reduce energy and water consumption, and to serve as models for sustainable development countywide.
- Parks are designed to be flexible in order to accommodate ever-changing recreation trends and demographics.
- Residents of surrounding neighborhoods are engaged in the planning and design of each park.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.