As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
American's with Disabilities
The ADA Coordinator promotes and coordinates compliance with the ADA, a federal civil rights law.
- Ensure that all County services and programs are accessible to people with disabilities
- Shapes policy to assure compliance with federal civil rights requirements and improve service to people with disabilities
- Develops and conducts ADA compliance and disability training and provides staff support for the Commission on Disabilities
- Administers and distributes disabled permit parking fines to municipalities
- Provides oversight of the County's barrier removal capital projects and technical training to capital department staff
If you believe you have been discriminated against by a private business on the basis of your disability Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 applies to public accommodations, commonly referred to as private businesses.
Each County department has an ADA Coordinator responsible for that department’s compliance with the law in the provision of its programs, services and activities to residents with disabilities. The departmental ADA coordinators work with residents to resolve complaints on an informal level, and to address formal ADA grievances.
Any individual who feels that they have been discriminated against in the provision of a program or service operated by Miami-Dade County shall have the ability to file a formal grievance, have the grievance responded to, and have the right to request an appeal if they are dissatisfied with the resolution of their grievance.
ADA Helpful Links
Get information from these helpful local, state and federal resources.Back to Top Page Last Edited: Tue Nov 3, 2015 9:38:00 AM
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.