As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Improving Performance with Lean Six Sigma
Miami-Dade County is committed to improving performance across all operations by applying effective problem-solving techniques. One of the many strategies the County uses is called Lean Six Sigma.
Lean Six Sigma emphasizes facts and relies on data-driven tools to streamline processes, increase productivity and deliver work of high quality. Lean Six Sigma is used to improve important outcomes; it helps "move the needle" on key performance measures.
Miami-Dade County has been using Lean Six Sigma techniques in several departments. Recently-completed performance improvement projects can be viewed, including those completed with Lean Six Sigma techniques.
- Read the January 2018 newsletter
Lean Six Sigma Training for County Employees
Miami-Dade County government is committed to helping employees improve County operations and develop professionally through the Lean Six Sigma training program. Several progressive levels of Lean Six Sigma training are available:
- Basic Yellow Belt certification consists of a one-day training workshop; sign up for the training course.
- Orange Belt certification is being offered to existing Yellow Belts to help increase their skills.
- Green Belt training is provided by an external resource for selected employees.
- Blue Belt certification is being offered to existing Green Belts to provide advanced training.
- Brown Belt (formerly Green Belt Team Leader) and Black Belt certification has been earned by a small number of individuals.
- Special certification in Lean techniques is also available within the Orange Belt and Blue Belt curriculum. This is a more focused training program. Read more in the curriculum plan .
Registration for Yellow Belt, Orange Belt and Blue Belt classes is currently open.
For questions about the Lean Six Sigma program, including training opportunities for County employees, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 305-375-5143.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.