As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Concierge Plan Review
Concierge Plan Review is an optional service designed to expedite the issuance of a permit for large commercial buildings by working with a team of experienced plan reviewers. A permit applicant and their design professionals will meet with the Concierge Customer Assistance Team (CCAT) various times during the review process to ensure a complete submittal, as well as to clarify and resolve any review comments.
Guidelines to qualify
Projects must meet these guidelines to qualify:
- It must be a commercial project at least 20,000 square feet, with extreme complexity or unique time constraints where an applicant is willing to pay for customized premium services.
- The program is only for the plan review services associated with obtaining the master building permit.
- Plan revisions required after permit issuance qualify.
- Shop drawings and subsidiary permits associated with the main permit will be reviewed and processed through current procedures.
The building permit application and plans must be submitted and all fees paid 48 hours before the Concierge Plan Review meeting.
Although not mandatory, approvals required by other development or regulatory processes should be completed before beginning the Concierge Plan Review to avoid delays in permit issuance.Back to Top
Complete the Concierge Plan Review request form, email it to RER-SPA@miamidade.gov and pay the fees outlined below. The applicant’s project coordinator must identify the order/grouping in which they would like to meet with the various review disciplines.
The process includes:
- A submittal meeting with design professionals and CCAT to understand the full scope of the project and identify any missing documents that may result in an incomplete review. Meetings are held Wednesday or Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- An expedited initial review with a guaranteed faster turnaround and completion date of five business days that include submittal meeting or rework meeting.
- A follow-up meeting with the CCAT to discuss and clarify initial review comments and potentially resolve minor issues.
- A rework meeting of professionals with the CCAT. Meetings are held on Fridays starting at 1:30 p.m.
Other meetings, though not mandatory, are also offered:
- A presentation meeting allows the applicant and their team to present the project and site design to senior department representatives involved in the permit approval. The applicant will receive regulatory-based guidance.
- A pre-submittal conference allows the applicant and design professionals to meet the CCAT for a preliminary plan review. Construction plans must be 80 percent or more complete by this time. Applicants can choose to meet with all necessary staff or specific review disciplines.
Meetings with County staff
Meetings are held at the Permitting and Inspection Center. All design professionals required to attend must bring their professional license seals to approve any minor changes.
Plans should be submitted in electronic format following Concurrent Plans Processing system guidelines. Plans not provided in electronic format will be scanned for a fee. An additional 24 hours must be alloted for this conversion.
At submittal and rework meetings, the project coordinator must provide four reference hard copy plan sets. One of the plans must be sized 24” x 36”. Any unpaid balance from the submittal meeting must be paid within five days of the invoice. No additional meetings will be scheduled, or plans accepted, if fees are not paid.
The rework meeting allows the applicant and design professional to meet with the CCAT to facilitate approval of outstanding plan reviews.Back to Top
- $4,000 for a maximum of two hours with all required disciplines.
- $500 for each additional 15-minute increment for all disciplines, or $40 per discipline for each additional 15-minute increment.
Rework meeting and other fees
- $160 for a minimum of one hour per requested discipline.
- $40 per discipline for each additional 15-minute increments.
- Cancellation must be made 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting time. If not, the project may be disqualified from the Concierge Plan Review process.
All fees are subject to a 7.5 percent surcharge. Additional permit and building fees are required and must be paid prior to scheduling.Back to Top
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.