Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Emergency Operations Center has been activated and is closely monitoring Erika. For any updates about County facilities and services, please visit: http://www.miamidade.gov/emergency
About Public Works and Waste Management
To provide vital infrastructure systems and services and an integrated waste collection, recycling and disposal program that promote the mobility, health, safety, comfort, sustainability and prosperity of our community.
Public Works services
- Construction and maintenance of roads, bridges, sidewalks, street signs, pavement markings, traffic signals, street lights, and storm water drainage facilities
- Engineering and construction of the County's numerous roads, bridges and canals, along with the traffic signals and signs that support them
- Overseeing and administering the collection of tolls on both the Rickenbacker and Venetian Causeways
- Beautifying and maintaining landscapes along the public rights-of-way of Miami-Dade County
- Enabling the creation of Special Taxing Districts to provide special services or make specific infrastructure improvements to neighborhoods that otherwise could not be provided
- Implementing local and state mosquito control programs to help minimize the threat of disease
Solid Waste Management services
- Providing our customers with exceptional waste collection, recycling and disposal services that protect, preserve and improve our environment and the quality of life in our community
- Offering waste collection and recycling services to over 300,000 households in unincorporated Miami-Dade County and nine municipalities, including Aventura, Cutler Bay, Doral, Miami Gardens, Miami Lakes, Palmetto Bay, Pinecrest and Sunny Isles Beach
- Operating the most technologically advanced waste-to-energy facility in the world
- Planning for the long-term future by evaluating what services and programs will be needed for the next 50 years
Want to hear more about recycling?
Are you part of a class or group interested in knowing more about recycling -- such as creating a new business recycling program or learning about where your recyclables go? You can request a speaker to visit you! Send the department an email or call 3-1-1 for more.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.