Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Emergency Operations Center has been activated and is closely monitoring Erika. For any updates about County facilities and services, please visit: http://www.miamidade.gov/emergency
About Public Works
To provide vital infrastructure systems and services and an integrated waste collection, recycling and disposal program that promote the mobility, health, safety, comfort, sustainability and prosperity of our community.
Public Works services
- Construction and maintenance of roads, bridges, sidewalks, street signs, pavement markings, traffic signals, street lights, and storm water drainage facilities
- Engineering and construction of the County's numerous roads, bridges and canals, along with the traffic signals and signs that support them
- Overseeing and administering the collection of tolls on both the Rickenbacker and Venetian Causeways
- Beautifying and maintaining landscapes along the public rights-of-way of Miami-Dade County
- Enabling the creation of Special Taxing Districts to provide special services or make specific infrastructure improvements to neighborhoods that otherwise could not be provided
- Implementing local and state mosquito control programs to help minimize the threat of disease
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.