Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Portal will be undergoing maintenance starting at 11 p.m. Saturday, May 3 and for all of Sunday, May 4. Intermittent outages may be experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience as we improve our online services.
Fishing Licenses and Permits
Fishing Licenses are regulated by the State of Florida, with fees for licenses and permits set by the State Legislature.
Licenses and permits are issued by the State of Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC).
They can be purchased online at the FWC site, and are also available at the Tax Collector's Office as well as subagents (for example, a sporting goods store or a retailer selling fishing equipment).
- There are two types of fishing licenses: freshwater and saltwater. Each one has certain restrictions for the type of fish the holder can take. Combination licenses are also available for added convenience.
- There are six sub-categories of commercial freshwater fishing licenses available:
- Resident Commercial Fishing License
- Resident Freshwater Fish Dealer
- Nonresident Commercial Fishing License
- Nonresident Retail Fish Dealer
- Nonresident Wholesale Fish Dealer
- Nonresident Wholesale Fish Buyer
For license and permit fees or additional information, read more at the FWC site.
Where to buyBack to Top Page Last Edited: Fri Sep 5, 2014 11:17:47 AM
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.