Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Portal will be undergoing maintenance starting at 11 p.m. Saturday, May 3 and for all of Sunday, May 4. Intermittent outages may be experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience as we improve our online services.
The Office of Civil Rights and Labor Relations ADA Compliance Unit has professional supervision over MDT’s procedures regarding departmental compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. The responsibilities consist of:
- Administrating the development of MDT policies, procedures and operational or managerial practices to comply with the ADA
- Assisting the disability community and MDT management with problems or complaints, and
- Resolving disability or ADA-related issues affecting the department, including addressing accessibility concerns in areas such as MDT facilities, employment, communications, vehicles, systems and services.
If you need to be provided with auxiliary aids and services for communications in alternate format (audiotape, Braille or computer disk), a sign-language interpreter or other accommodations, please contact Marcos Ortega, MDT ADA Coordinator, approximately five days in advance.
Comments or Concerns
Should you have a compliment, comment or grievance that needs a resolution or response regarding MDT’s services - Metrobus, Metrorail, Metromover or Special Transportation Service (STS) please submit your comment online.
You can also download the form and either fax, email or mail it back to Miami-Dade Transit. The average response time for an ADA grievance is fifteen days.
Special Needs Emergency Evacuation
Miami-Dade residents who require daily skilled nursing care, assistance with daily living, or have life-saving medical equipment dependent on electricity should register for the Special Needs & Emergency Evacuation Assistance Program for transportation and/or shelter assistance in case of hurricanes or other disasters.
Miami-Dade County provides equal access and equal opportunity in employment and does not discriminate on the basis of disability in its programs or services. Auxiliary aids and services for communication are available with five days' advance notice.
For material in alternate format (audiotape, Braille or computer disk), a sign-language interpreter or other accommodations:
- Call 786-469-5225
701 NW 1ST COURT SUITE 1700
MIAMI FL 33136
ATTN: Marcos Ortega
Auxiliary aids and services include:
(1) Qualified interpreters, notetakers, transcription services, written materials, telephone headset amplifiers, assistive listening devices, assistive listening systems, telephones compatible with hearing aids, closed caption decoders, closed and open captioning, text
telephones (also known as telephone devices for the deaf, or TDDs), videotext displays, or other effective methods of making aurally delivered materials available to individuals with hearing impairments;
(2) Qualified readers, taped texts, audio recordings, Brailled materials, large print materials, or other effective methods of making visually delivered materials available to individuals with visual impairments;
Stop Announcements and Route Identification
Bus Operators or automated announcers shall loudly state transfer points with fixed routes, major intersection and destination points, any stop upon request, and intervals along a route in order to permit customers who are blind, have low vision or other disabilities to be oriented as to their location.
Bus stop announcements will be made on ALL Metrobus routes, regardless of whether the route is wheelchair accessible or not.
Upon opening the door at each transfer point, Bus Operators must clearly announce the route and destination of their bus, so that customers with disabilities can properly identify the bus prior to boarding.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.