As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
The MDT Office of Civil Rights and Labor Relations (OCR/LR) is firmly committed to ensuring all MDT employees are afforded the opportunity to work in an environment free of harassment and unlawful discrimination. It is also important that all employment actions are conducted in a manner consistent with MDT's Equal Employment Opportunity Plan.
Our common goal is to promote a positive work environment that values diversity and fosters respect for a myriad of cultural differences which are the cornerstones of creating a fair, unbiased workplace free of unlawful harassment, discrimination, and any other Civil Rights violations.
MDT complies with the following regulations relating to equal employment opportunity.
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended protects individuals on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (ADEA), as amended protects individuals who are 40 years of age or older
- Americans with Disabilities Act of 1991, as amended. Title I and Title V prohibit discrimination against a qualified individual with a disability
- Section 501 and 505 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals who work for the federal government
- Equal Pay Act of 1963 (EPA), as amended protects men and women from wage discrimination on the basis of gender
- Pregnancy Act, an amendment to the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Uniformed Services Employment and Re-employment Rights Act (USERRA)
- Genetic Information and Non-Discrimination Act of 2008: Types and Statutes
Local Policies and Administrative Orders
- Personnel Policy on Equal Employment Opportunity - Administrative Order 7-6
- Personnel Policy on Centralized Employment Services - Administrative Order 7-21
- Sexual Harassment - Administrative Order 7-28
- Unlawful Harassment Policy - Administrative Order 7-37
- Workplace Violence - Administrative Order 7-36
- Domestic Violence in the Workplace - Administrative Order 7-43
- Employment Discrimination - Ordinance 11 (A)
- Transit Agency Rules and Regulations - Ordinance 30 (B)
- Whistleblower Policy
MDT's Equal Employment Opportunity Plan
Posters (sites where posters are available or scanned)
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.