Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Emergency Operations Center has been activated and is closely monitoring Erika. For any updates about County facilities and services, please visit: http://www.miamidade.gov/emergency
Fare Reference Guide
Miami-Dade Transit (MDT) is a fare-based system that requires all patrons to pay the appropriate fare using cash or the appropriate fare loaded on an EASY Card.
Cash fares are only accepted on MDT buses and require exact change (no pennies). Patrons who pay with cash do not receive MDT transfer privileges, and must pay the full fare each time they board a transit vehicle.
Patrons using a valid EASY Card are eligible for transfers for a one-way trip within 3 hours of boarding the first vehicle.
Passengers must make sure to “tap” their EASY Card when exiting the Metrorail station to ensure that transfers to bus service are properly processed.
Multiple fares for more than one passenger cannot be paid with a single EASY Card. Each patron must have his or her own fare media.
Cash value on an EASY Card cannot be combined with cash at the bus farebox to pay the MDT fare.
All pass and fare purchase sales are final. No refunds are given for unused trips, fare media or balance transfers to EASY Cards.
Refunds and reimbursements are not issued for missed trips or connections. Terms and Conditions.
- Miami-Dade Transit Fare Table.
Time-based Pass Products
- The MDT 1-Month Pass is only valid for one calendar month or from the 1st day of the month to the last day of the month.
- The cost of the 1-Month Pass remains unchanged, even when purchased after the first of the month.
- The 1-Month Pass is not sold between the 11th and the 20th of the current month. Purchases made on the 20th of the month are valid for the following month’s pass.
- The 7-Day Pass is valid for 7 consecutive days once tapped on a bus farebox or rail faregate.
- The 7-Day Pass can be purchased at any time of the month
- The 1-Day Pass is valid from first use or “tap” to up to 2 a.m.
- The 1-Day Pass can be purchased at any time of the month.
- The College Discount Pass offers a reduced fare 1-Month Pass to full-time students at participating schools/universities.
- Passengers using a College Discount Pass EASY Ticket must also show a valid school ID.
- The K-12 Discount EASY Card is only available to school age children enrolled in primary and secondary public and private schools or home-schooled programs in Miami-Dade County.
- Older students must present a valid school ID when requested.
- The Regional Monthly Pass is a monthly calendar pass that is valid for unlimited MDT and Tri-Rail service.
- Pass products are activated upon first use.
EASY Card/EASY Ticket
The EASY Card is a durable plastic fare card that can be loaded with cash value (up to $150) and multiple pass products (1 Monthly Pass, 7-Day Pass, 1-Day Pass).
The MDT fare collection system attempts to use the best value on an EASY Card to pay the fare, favoring a valid pass product over cash value, a monthly pass over a weekly pass, a weekly pass over a day pass.
EASY Cards issued since 2013 have a life span of 20 years. The EASY Card costs $2.
Register your EASY Card and receive balance protection if the card is lost or stolen. Registered cardholders only pay the cost of a replacement card. Report a lost or stolen card immediately to 305-891-3131 or 311 to limit unauthorized use.
Balances on unregistered EASY Cards are not replaced when lost or stolen.
Special passes, such as the Golden Passport, Patriot Passport, Discount Fare EASY Card and the K-12 Discount EASY Card, are only valid for use by the patron to whom the card was issued. Violations can result in the suspension of the issued cardholder from these programs. Report any loss or theft immediately to 305-891-3131 or 311.
More EASY Card information.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.