Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Emergency Operations Center has been activated and is closely monitoring Erika. For any updates about County facilities and services, please visit: http://www.miamidade.gov/emergency
Your K-12 Discounts Awaits
Have a child who is currently enrolled in a Miami-Dade County school between the grades of K-12?
Apply online to ride transit at a discounted fare using a specially-coded EASY Card.
The card is renewed automatically by our system and is valid until the student graduates high school.
K-12 Discount Program
What is the K-12 Discount Fare EASY Card?
- The specially-coded EASY Card allows registered students attending public or private schools in Miami-Dade County to receive a discounted fare for half off every ride on Metrobus and Metrorail.
- The $2 cost of the EASY Card is waived for approved students who apply for this special discounted fare program.
- The K-12 EASY Card can be loaded with a daily, weekly, or monthly pass. Users can also add cash value to the card. In order to add value to your card, visit any EASY Card Vending Machine located at all Metrorail Stations, or any EASY Card Sales Outlet.
- This unique card allows the owner to pay only half of the regular fare each time. That also means you can purchase daily, weekly, or monthly passes for 50% less than the regular price.
- All K-12 EASY Cards must be registered with Miami-Dade County; however, the card does not need to be renewed. It is renewed automatically by our system and is valid until the student graduates high school.
Who qualifies for the K-12 EASY Card?
- All students who attend public or private school in Miami-Dade County are eligible for a K-12 EASY Card. Preschoolers ride free.
- If the student attends school in Miami-Dade County but his or her parent or legal guardian live in another county, the student can still apply for a K-12 EASY Card. Proof of enrollment will be required; either a current school picture identification card or a class registration schedule.
How do I apply for the K-12 EASY Card?
- In order to apply for a K-12 EASY Card, the student must fill out an online application and include proof of enrollment. Be sure to have ready either a current student ID, class schedule, or recent report card.
- Fill out the online application by selecting the appropriate box at the top of this page. For public/charter school students, click here; for private school students, click here.
- Once the form is complete and submitted, please allow 15 business days for your new K-12 EASY Card to arrive in the mail.
- Students can still apply for a K-12 EASY Card in person at the following locations:
Transit Service Center
Government Center Metrorail Station (Second Level)
111 NW 1st Street, Miami, Florida 33128
Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., excluding holidays
Overtown Transit Village Pass Sales Office
701 NW First Court, Suite 121
Miami, Florida 33136
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., excluding holidays
- Kindergarten through 8th grade students will need to be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian when applying for a K-12 EASY Card in person. Students in grades 9-12 do not need an adult present when applying.
- Only a student, parent, or legal guardian may apply for and obtain a K-12 EASY Card. Teachers, school counselors, principals, or other school officials may NOT apply or obtain a card on behalf of a student.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.