K-12 Discount Program
- What is the K-12 Discount Fare EASY Card?
- What identification can I use to obtain the K-12 EASY Card?
- How do I apply for the K-12 EASY Card?
- How long will my K-12 EASY Card work?
- How do I add value to my K-12 EASY Card?
- What if I lose my card?
- Who qualifies for the K-12 EASY Card?
- Where can I apply for the K-12 EASY Card?
- A specially-coded EASY Card that allows registered public and private school students attending classes in Miami-Dade County to ride Metrobus and Metrorail for half the regular fare. The cost of the card is $2.
- The K-12 EASY Card can be loaded with cash value or with a daily, weekly or monthly pass.
- The student's current school picture identification card or class registration schedule.
- The student's valid passport along with his current class registration schedule.
- Complete a K-12 Application Form and bring it, along with the student's current school photo ID or class registration schedule, to the Transit Service Center or Pass Sales Office
- Only a parent or legal guardian or the student himself may obtain a K-12 EASY Card. Teachers, school counselors, principals or other school officials may NOT obtain a K-12 EASY Card for any student.
- No photocopies of the student's school identification or class registration schedule will be accepted. Originals only.
- Students that are in Kindergarten through 8th Grade need a parent or legal guardian to go to the Transit Service Center or Pass Sales Office with them in order to obtain a K-12 EASY Card. High school students (those in grades 9 through 12) do not need a parent or legal guardian present when obtaining their K-12 EASY Card.
- If the student has not yet started school (summer vacation, just moved to Miami-Dade County) he or she can still obtain a K-12 EASY Card by providing their original registration documents along with their completed application to the Transit Service Center or Pass Sales Office.
- Once obtained, a K-12 EASY Card lasts the student until he or she graduates from high school.
- The K-12 EASY Card does not have be renewed– it is renewed automatically by our system.
- The K-12 EASY Card can be loaded with cash value or with a daily, weekly or monthly pass at any EASY Card Vending Machine located at all Metrorail Stations or any EASY Card Sales Outlet.
- If a student loses his or her K-12 EASY Card, he or she must re-apply for another card in person at the Transit Service Center or Pass Sales Office with a new completed application and current school picture identification card or class registration schedule.
- All students who attend public or private school in Miami-Dade are eligible for a K-12 EASY Card.
- If the student attends school in Miami-Dade, but his parent or legal guardian lives in another county, the student can obtain a K-12 Easy Card by showing proof (current school picture identification card or class registration schedule) that he or she is indeed a Miami-Dade County student.
- Preschoolers ride free–no ID necessary.
Transit Service Center
Government Center Metrorail Station (Second Level)
111 NW 1st Street, Miami, Florida 33128
Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., excluding holidays
Overtown Transit Village Pass Sales Office
701 NW First Court, Suite 121
Miami, Florida 33136
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., excluding holidays
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.