At this time, Miami-Dade County is monitoring Hurricane Matthew.
Please visit our Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Easy Card for Senior Citizens
not living in Miami-Dade County
Senior citizens (those who are 65 years old and over) who do not reside in Miami-Dade County (MDC) can ride on Metrobus and Metrorail at the discount fare with a Discount Fare EASY Card.
- To obtain a Discount Fare Easy Card please complete the discount fare form Discount Fare ID Application.
- Print out the completed application to the Transit Service Center, located on the first floor of the Government Center Metrorail station at 111 NW 1st Street.
- All applicants must also present a valid U.S. state-issued photo ID and Social Security number.
- Seniors need to provide proof of age.
The Discount Fare EASY Card has a photo of the patron. This means that the card can only be used by the person whose photo appears on the card.
- Once you obtain your Discount Fare EASY Card, you must load the card with monetary value to ride at half fare whenever you board a bus or train, with a 1-Month Pass for $56.25, a 7-Day Pass for $14.60 or a 1-Day Pass for $2.80.
- Cards can be loaded and reloaded for up to twenty years wherever EASY Cards are sold.
Discount Fare Rates
Apply for the Discount Fare EASY Card at the Transit Service Center and it is automatically registered for balance protection.
Discount Fare - $1.10
Discount Fare - $1.30
Discount Fare - Free
Discount Fare - $56.25
Renewals by Mail or Fax
To renew by mail or fax, copies of the required documents must be forwarded to Miami-Dade Transit (MDT). This does NOT include new applications. Your address must be current and correct in our computer system.
Discount Fare – Seniors 65 and over should provide the following:
- Completed Discount Fare Application
- Valid Government issued picture identification
- Front and back of current EASY Card
SPECIAL PASS PROGRAMS
PO BOX 01-9005
MIAMI FL 33101
Special Pass Programs
Lost, Stolen or Damaged EASY Cards
If your Discount Fare EASY Card is lost or stolen, report it by calling 786-469-5028.
You can get your lost, stolen or damaged EASY Card replaced at any of the Transit Service Centers by completing the EASY Card Replacement Form
There is a $10 fee to replace a lost or stolen Discount Fare EASY Card. A one-time fee waiver is available if an original police report listing the Discount Fare EASY Card is presented.
Miami-Dade County provides equal access and equal opportunity in employment and does not discriminate on the basis of disability in its programs or services. Auxiliary aids and services for communication are available with five days’ advance notice.
For material in alternate format (audiotape, Braille or computer disk), a sign-language interpreter or other accommodations,
Or write to:
ATTN: MARCOS ORTEGA
701 NW 1ST COURT STE 1700
MIAMI FL 33136
Also, you can call 786-469-5028 (TDD/TTY Number 305-468-5402) to request an application be mailed to you for any of MDT’s Discount Programs.
Assistance to complete the application, personal information section, is provided at the time the application is submitted to the Transit Service Center, if needed.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.