Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Portal will be undergoing maintenance starting at 11 p.m. Saturday, May 3 and for all of Sunday, May 4. Intermittent outages may be experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience as we improve our online services.
The Youth Sports Championship Series, featuring the newly coveted Miami-Dade County Mayor’s Cup, is the vision of Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos A. Gimenez who as a father, grandfather and volunteer youth sports coach believes in the values and benefits children derive from participating in organized sports. An advocate of the short and long term health benefits of regular exercise for children, the Mayor knows first-hand the strength of character that can be developed from the continuous involvement in athletics, including self-confidence, resiliency, problem solving, strategic thinking, leadership abilities, a healthy sense of competition, and valuing teamwork and the support of others.
The Mayor’s Youth Sports Championship Series aims to build and support a strong foundation of organized sports throughout Miami-Dade County through a series of sport championships coordinated by the Miami-Dade Parks Department.
1. To create and implement county-wide sports programs and events designed to optimize the development of young athletes in Miami-Dade County and showcase our great parks and sports venues.
- Target audience 6-14 year old boys & girls in Miami-Dade County
- Partner with community sports clubs to attract a well-represented demographic variety of athletes to each event
- Donate resources to fund scholarships for afterschool programs and sustainable youth sports programming
2. Foster relationships with power players in youth sports like Soccer 5 Foundation and Pop Warner.
- Develop new annual events in tennis, golf, swimming, track & field, cross county, basketball, baseball, flag football, with their support
- Create web portal to market events, track participates, promote involvement in sports and develop a community of players, coaches, & parents
3. Partner with existing youth sports events to increase community participation, interest, and event presentation
- Create a county-wide youth sports calendar to be distributed to schools, parks and community organizations
4. Enhance the relationship with municipalities and locals schools
5. Use PlayMiami.org promote involvement in sports and develop a community of players, coaches, & parents
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.