As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Five Year Implementation Plan
Fiscal Years 2019-2024
The report below is the seventh annual update of the Five Year Implementation Plan (the Plan) of the People's Transportation Plan (PTP), a publicly-supported transportation improvement program established to develop an integrated mass transportation network and to complete roadway improvements in Miami-Dade County and its municipalities.
The Plan documents the current status of progress on the implementation of surtax-funded PTP projects versus baseline estimates. The Plan includes references to these projects from the County's 2018-2019 Adopted Capital Budget. Future annual updates to the PTP will continue to monitor the actual implementation of the projects, their adherence to budget and schedule, and any changes to the Plan.
Work completed on the PTP including municipal projects has been substantial. To view a summary of Active PTP project cost estimates and expenditures, view the Active Projects Summary. To view a summary of Inactive PTP project cost estimates and expenditures, view the Inactive Projects Summary. Note that all information presented in the summary table and throughout the Plan are estimated through September 30, 2018, unless otherwise specified.
Five Year Plan introduction and attachments:
- Introduction - includes a short overview of the Plan, background information and a synopsis of new projects.
- Statement of CITT’s Guiding Principles and Priorities - provides guidance to the CITT, and its staff and partners, on actions and activities related to the implementation of the PTP and use of surtax funds.
- First/Last Mile(s) Connectivity & Mobility Program - provides a list of first/last mile projects that the CITT desires to promote and fund in order to advance critical connectors to the County’s transit system, major employment centers and schools. The CITT urges the County to prioritize these projects in its capital program and budget.
- New Projects - includes all new projects to be funded with surtax dollars. Project detail information is included for each of the new projects, as well as updates to the project detail information for the existing projects.
- Active Projects - in process or planned within the five-year period; or ongoing operational activities where its respective goal has been amended appropriate to optimal implementation that meets the original intent of the item; includes SMART Plan projects under a separate tab.
- SMART Plan - includes information on the Strategic Miami Area Rapid Transit (SMART) Plan to expand the Miami-Dade system with rapid transit options along six critical corridors that are linked to local, regional, national, and global economic markets.
- Inactive Projects - fully completed, where construction has been completed, or unfunded projects, where the entire PTP item was deemed infeasible, canceled by Board action, or any further implementation deferred outside the Five-Year plan period (beyond fiscal year 2024).
- Municipal Projects - includes an overview of transportation and transit projects and programs funded by municipalities using their share of surtax funds.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.