As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Baynanza is a celebration of Biscayne Bay and its significance as one of our most important ecological systems in South Florida. While Baynanza includes more than 25 great events throughout March and April, the event that has become nearly synonymous with this celebration is the Biscayne Bay Cleanup Day.
- About Baynanza
Baynanza 2018 will be held on Saturday, April 21 from 9 a.m. to noon.
Registration for the Biscayne Bay Cleanup Day is now open.Back to Top
What to Bring to the Event
Remember to wear closed-toe shoes (tennis shoes) and bring gloves, water and snacks for your volunteers.
There will be plenty of free trash bags to fill too. However, in addition to work gloves and closed-toe shoes (tennis shoes), there are other items that we suggest you bring with you to the Cleanup Day:
- Extra water
- Mosquito Repellent
- Hat or visor
New and exciting sponsorship opportunities are being offered for Baynanza.
Sponsorship packages offer wide exposure at a unique countywide celebration featuring thousands of participants committed to the positive cause of helping our environment.
- Six weeks of exposure at more than 35 events across Miami-Dade County
- Advertisements and media coverage including print, radio and web advertising
- Online presence and promotion on the Miami-Dade County website and social media
- Promotion on the Baynanza Calendar of Events and commemorative T-shirt
- Host at the Baynanza VIP Cleanup Site at Morningside Park, which includes promotion of your core messages in a festive atmosphere to hundreds of community volunteers and their friends and families
Special sponsorship packages can also be catered to meet your marketing goals and fit your budget. In-kind sponsorships are also available.
For more information on sponsorship opportunities, call Maribel Balbin at 305-372-6999 or email Balbin@miamidade.gov.Back to Top
Baynanza 2018 sponsors
- Biscayne Bay Aquatic Preserves
- Covanta Energy
- Florida Inland Navigation District (FIND)
- Island Queen Cruises
- Nova Consulting
- Waste Management and Waste Management's Recycling
- Whole Foods
- Ygrene Energy Fund
Event hosts and partners
- Biscayne National Park
- City of Miami
- Miami-Dade County Communications Department
- Miami-Dade County Environmentally Endangered Lands Program
- Miami-Dade County Information Technologies
- Miami-Dade County Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces
- Miami-Dade County Public Works and Waste Management
- The Miami Outboard Club
The early 1980s marked the beginning of a monumental effort by Miami-Dade County to save Biscayne Bay. The Bay was suffering from pollution and the marine environment of the Bay was in steep decline. Baynanza was created as part of a larger effort to save the bay.Back to Top
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.