Baynanza 2014 coming April 26
The Baynanza 2014 celebration begins in March and peaks with the main event, the Biscayne Bay Cleanup Day, on Saturday, April 26.
Residents can volunteer and help clean one of our most precious natural resources, Biscayne Bay, and its surroundings. Community service hours are available for all participants and event sponsors are welcome. Boat captains are also needed.
Official registration for volunteers is scheduled to start February 10. If you would like to sponsor Baynanza 2014, please contact us today.
For more information, call 305-372-6784.
New and exciting Baynanza sponsorship opportunities are available. Sponsorship packages offer wide exposure at a unique countywide celebration featuring thousands of participants committed to the positive cause of helping our environment.
- Six weeks of exposure at more than 35 events across Miami-Dade County
- Advertisements and media coverage in multilingual formats, including print, radio and web advertising, starting mid-February
- Online presence and promotion on the Miami-Dade County website and social media channels including Facebook and Twitter
- Promotion on the Baynanza Calendar of Events and commemorative T-shirt
- Become a special host at the Baynanza VIP Cleanup Site and promote your core messages in a festive atmosphere to hundreds of community volunteers and their friends and families
Special sponsorship packages can also be catered to meet your marketing goals and fit your budget. In-kind sponsorships are also available.
For more information on sponsorship opportunities, call Luis Espinoza at 305-372-6770 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.Back to Top
Event hosts and partners
Thank you to the following Baynanza 2013 partners for their support.
- Biscayne Bay Aquatic Preserves - FDEP
- Biscayne National Park
- Citizens for a Better South Florida
- City of Miami
- City of Miami Beach
- Coral Reef Conservation Program - FDEP
- Deering Estate at Cutler
- Dream in Green
- Earth Learning
- Fantasy Theatre Factory
- Environmental Coalition of Miami and the Beaches
- Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden
- Florida Department of Transportation
- Florida International University
- Florida Trail Association
- Marjory Stoneman Douglas Biscayne Nature Center
- Miami Children's Museum
- University of Florida / Miami-Dade County Extension - Florida Yards & Neighborhood Program
- Miami-Dade County Community Information and Outreach
- Miami-Dade County Environmentally Endangered Lands Program
- Miami-Dade County Internal Services
- Miami-Dade County Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces
- Miami-Dade County Public Works and Waste Management
- Miami River Commission
- Palmetto Bay Village Center
- Sailboards Miami Water Sports
- South Florida Water Management District
- Town of Surfside
- Tropical Audubon Society
- Village of Key Biscayne
2013 Commemorative T-shirt
Community volunteers will receive a free commemorative short-sleeved T-shirt at the Cleanup Day (adult sizes only; size preference subject to availability), made from "Ecospun" recycled plastic (polyester fiber) and cotton. This unique process used to produce the shirts is another example of Baynanza helping to reduce and reuse.
|The 2013 Baynanza T-shirt design|
The special 31st Anniversary T-shirt design was selected from thousands of entries from Miami-Dade County students who participated in the Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden Challenge. We would like to thank their staff for organizing and hosting the contest.
The 2013 winning design was created by Hector Cordova, a student from Miami Springs Senior High School.
At left: The Baynanza team -- Luis Espinoza, Carlos Medina and Jaime De Torres -- goes through hundreds of student entries to select the winning T-shirt design for 2013.
Back to Top
The early 1980s marked the beginning of a monumental effort by Miami-Dade County to save Biscayne Bay. The Bay was suffering from pollution and the marine environment of the Bay was in steep decline. Baynanza was created as part of a larger effort to save the bay.
Baynanza is a celebration of Biscayne Bay and its importance as one of our most important ecological systems in South Florida. While Baynanza includes more than 35 great events in March and April, the event that has become nearly synonymous with this celebration is the Biscayne Bay Cleanup Day.Back to Top Page Last Edited: Tue Dec 3, 2013 11:24:05 AM
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.