Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Emergency Operations Center has been activated and is closely monitoring Erika. For any updates about County facilities and services, please visit: http://www.miamidade.gov/emergency
Infill Housing Homebuyer Requirements
The Infill Housing Program's main goal is to increase the availability of affordable homes for low and moderate-income families. Other goals include:
- Maintaining a stock of affordable housing;
- Redeveloping urban neighborhoods by eliminating the blight of vacant, dilapidated or abandoned properties;
- Equitably distributing homeownership opportunities within the Infill Target Areas;
- Generating payment of ad valorem taxes.
- Homeownership Counseling Providers
- Qualified Lenders
- RFQ 839: In-fill Housing Developer Pool
- First-time homebuyer
- Income verification
- Affordability control
- Purchasing a home
Every dwelling unit developed through the Infill Housing Program must be sold to a low or moderate-income household to be used as their primary residence. A household is deemed qualified once they have met the following requirements.Back to Top
Homeownership Counseling Providers
The eligible household must complete a homeownership training course through a participating homeownership counseling providers that provides financial management, credit counseling and other related technical services to participating families.
This is done for the purpose of financing a single-family home.Back to Top
Public Housing and Community Development invites low- and moderate-income persons who are first-time homebuyers to apply for a mortgage loan subsidy through the County's loan program. Program participation is limited to one time only per family. A maximum 30-year fixed-interest mortgage is available for persons who qualify. You will also be required to obtain a first mortgage from an approved participating lender.
- See the list of Currently Approved Lenders
RFQ 839: In-fill Housing Developer Pool
- See the list of Currently Approved Infill Housing Developers
The eligible household must be a first-time homebuyer. A first-time homebuyer is an individual who meets any one of the following criteria:
- An individual who has had no ownership interest in a principal residence during the three-year period ending on the date of purchase of the property. This includes a spouse (if either meets the above test, they are considered first-time homebuyers);
- A single parent who has only owned a home with a former spouse while married;
- An individual who is a displaced homemaker and has only owned with a spouse;
- An individual who has only owned a principal residence not permanently affixed to a permanent foundation in accordance with applicable regulations.
The eligible household must provide proof, in the form of a mortgage commitment letter, that they meet the income level requirements of a low or moderate-income household.
A low-income household is defined as a household whose total annual income is 80% or below of the Area Median Income (AMI). A moderate-income household is defined as a household whose total annual income is above 80% of AMI, but less than 140%.Back to Top
Every home built through the Infill Housing Initiative must be sold to a qualified household at or below the maximum sales price set by the Program. At closing, the buyer is required to execute and record an Affordable Housing Restrictive Covenant , which states the home shall remain affordable for a minimum of 20 years (the "Control Period"); and, that if the owner desires to sell the home prior to the expiration of the "Control Period," the owner must:
- Notify the Infill Housing Program that the home is for sale;
- Sell the home to another qualified buyer at or below the maximum sales price as established in the covenant
Purchasing a home
- See the list of infill homes currently for sale.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.