Data and Records
The Data & Records Unit specializes in maintaining records for all juvenile arrests in Miami-Dade County and are retained according to State and Federal guidelines. The Department’s Quest data/case management system has the capability of analyzing data and generating reports on numerous person and case variables.
The need for Data
- Collected data on approximately 180,000 arrests and access to data with specificity of no other community in the United States
- Over 15 years of data by ethnic background
- Collect enough information on juveniles to identify trends and patterns
- Allows the service community to offer programs based on the client population’s service needs
- Needed to collect to identify trends and patterns in the population
- Allows the service community to offer programs and services that relate to the actual population
- Allows JSD to evaluate outcomes and performance of client programs, operational processes, and staff caseloads
- Allows JSD to compare performance with other agencies
- Allows JSD to compare costs with benefits- justify programs or promote system changes
- Looking at the different characteristics of youth allows JSD to treat them as individuals with unique needs
Specific and customized data reports are available to the public upon request. Please contact Cristina Molina at 305-755-6204.
The following juvenile arrest reports ae available immediately to the public
The opportunity to Seal or Expunge a criminal record is offered twice only, to juvenile diversion offenders who are eligible. If offenders are ineligible for the diversion programs, they are entitled to one seal or expunge record based on the charge and disposition. Juvenile diversion expunction is an administrative process and does not require filing a petition with the court or obtaining a Certificate of Eligibility from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE). If your child participated in one of the JSD diversion programs, please ask the case manager assigned to your child for more information, including a complete application package.
If your child did not participate in a diversion program, he/she may still qualify for seal/expungement. The necessary documents are available from the Miami-Dade County Clerk of Courts Office, Juvenile Division located at 3300 NW 27 Avenue, Miami, FL. For additional information on sealing/expunging and for certified copies of juvenile arrest records, please contact the Clerk of Courts at 305-638-6227.Back to Top Page Last Edited: Wed Feb 5, 2014 11:32:48 AM
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.