Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Portal will be undergoing maintenance starting at 11 p.m. Saturday, May 3 and for all of Sunday, May 4. Intermittent outages may be experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience as we improve our online services.
Apply for a Domestic Partnership
To file a declaration of domestic partnership, applicants must register with the Miami-Dade County, after which the department will issue a certificate reflecting the registration of the domestic partnership relationship in Miami-Dade County.
How to Apply
- Download the Declaration of Domestic Partnership Registration
- Print the name of each Domestic Partner (last name followed by first name).
- Print the address of the primary residence where both partners reside.
- Provide a contact telephone number (in the event that we need to contact you).
- Provide an email address (this is optional but will allow us to send you email notifications regarding the status of your registration).
- List the name(s) of child(ren).
- In front of a notary public, sign and print your name swearing that you meet the requirements of the Domestic Partnership ordinance (both partners must sign).
- Have the document notarized.
- Submit the application by mail or in person.
Declaration of Domestic Partnership $55.00
Additional Certificate (Optional) $8.00 each
Apply by Mail
Send the completed notarized application and a check or money order made payable to Board of County Commissioners to the following address:
DOMESTIC PARTNERSHIP REGISTRATION
CONSUMER PROTECTION DIVISION
140 W FLAGLER ST RM 902
MIAMI FL 33130
Applying in Person
Bring the completed, notarized application and a check or money order made payable to Board of County Commissioners (Visa and MasterCard are also accepted if applying in person) to the following address:
Consumer Protection Division Licensing Section
140 West Flagler Street, 9th Floor
Miami, Florida 33130
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.