As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Zoning Plans Review
The Zoning Plans Processing Section works closely with the Public Works and Waste Management Department to determine if road right-of-way dedications have been completed and whether the site complies with platting requirements. This section also reviews zoning hearing and administrative variance files, administrative site plans, as well as restrictive covenants that pertain to the site to determine compliance with plans submitted for permitting.
Building permit construction plans are reviewed for compliance with Chapter 33 the Zoning Code of Miami-Dade County, Florida by the Zoning Plans Processing section.
Of major concern are setbacks to property lines, lot coverage, floor area ratio, number of stories, height of buildings, parking spaces, permitted uses in each zoning classification and compliance with Chapter 18A, Landscaping Code.
The Zoning Plans Processing Section makes use of numerous forms that may be required as part of the plan review and approval process. Copies of these forms are available below in Adobe Acrobat format to download and/or print.
Once a plan is reviewed, it is either approved or rejected.
- View the status of your plans.
Some of the most frequently used forms and procedural information are available here in Adobe Acrobat format:
- Landscape compliance forms
- Landscape legend
- Procedure for setting up a Master Model project
- Severable Use Rights Application
- Site Plan Data form
- Substantial Compliance Application
- Sunshine Network letter (for placement of a fence, or wall that encroaches into an easement)
- Swimming pool safety barrier acknowledgement form
- Zoning Improvement Permit Application
- Zoning Legend (BU - Business Use) (for Permitting)
Commercial and Code Information
- Zoning Legend (RU-3M, RU-4L, RU-4M) (for Permitting)
Multi-Family and Code Information
- Zoning Legend (for Permitting)
Single family and Duplex
- Utility company phone numbers (for placement of a pool or other permanent structure that encroaches into an easement)
Other forms may be obtained by contacting the Zoning Plans Processing Section at 786-315-2650.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.