Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Emergency Operations Center has been activated and is closely monitoring Erika. For any updates about County facilities and services, please visit: http://www.miamidade.gov/emergency
The Community Redevelopment and Municipal Services Division (CRMSD) of the Office of Management and Budget is responsible for the oversight and management of Community Redevelopment Areas within Miami-Dade County.
Part 3 of Chapter 163 Of Florida State Statutes, known as the “Community Redevelopment Act of 1969” authorized local governments to establish Community Redevelopment Agencies (CRA) to revitalize areas designated as slum and blight.
Primary Community Redevelopment objectives as defined by the legislation are:
- To address the physical, social, and economic problems associated with slum and blighted areas
- To encourage local government to improve the physical environment (i.e. buildings, streets, parks, utilities) through rehabilitation, conservation, or clearance/rehabilitation
- To convey local community redevelopment agencies the power to expend public funds as a means to improve slum and blighted areas
- To enhance the tax base in the redevelopment areas by encouraging private investment through channeling of tax increment revenues into public improvements within the designated areas; and
- To eliminate substandard housing conditions and to provide adequate housing to residents of low or moderate income, particularly the elderly
Approved Redevelopment Areas
The Board of County Commissioners has approved the creation of 14 community redevelopment areas that are administered by CRMS and overseen by the County. Authority has been delegated to ten municipalities to operate Community Redevelopment Agencies. Four additional Community Redevelopment Agencies operate in unincorporated areas of Miami-Dade County.
Proposed Redevelopment Areas
The Board of County Commissioners has accepted the Finding of Necessity for the proposed Community Redevelopment Areas (CRAs).
About Community Redevelopment Areas
Community Redevelopment Areas (CRAs) are a common government tool for redevelopment in Florida, and they operate on a budget generated by the increase in property taxes within the areas.Back to Top Page Last Edited: Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:41:52 AM
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.