As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
- Watering is not allowed between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Hand-watering with one hose fitted with an automatic shut-off nozzle is allowed for 10 minutes per day for landscape stress relief and to prevent plant die-off.
- Restrictions apply to all users of any water resource within Miami-Dade County, whether from publicly or privately owned water utility sewer systems, private wells or private connections to surface water bodies.
Residents and businesses with an ODD-numbered street address
(ending in 1, 3, 5, 7, 9):
- Lawn watering is permitted on WEDNESDAYS and SATURDAYS from
4 p.m. to 10 a.m.
Residents and businesses with an EVEN-numbered street address
(ending in 0, 2, 4, 6, 8*), no street address, or who water both even and odd addresses within the same zones, including multi-family units and Homeowner Associations:
- Lawn watering is permitted on THURSDAYS and SUNDAYS from
4 p.m. to 10 a.m.
Residents should choose from one of two "watering windows" (before 10 a.m. or after 4 p.m.) on their designated irrigation days. For the most efficient use of water, residents should avoid irrigating during both time periods on the same day.
To report a water restriction violation, visit the 3-1-1 submit a service request website and select Other under the All tab or call 3-1-1.
Restrictions don't apply for car and boat washing, pressure cleaning of paved surfaces, decorative fountains and water-based recreation (e.g. swimming pools, water slides).
Users of 100 percent reclaimed water are exempt from restrictions, but encouraged to conserve water.
Low-volume irrigation, including the use of drop and micro jet systems that apply water directly to plant root zones, is not restricted but is encouraged to be reduced.
Newly-planted gardens and landscaping
New landscaping can be watered during the corresponding hours listed above every day, except Fridays, for the first 90 days it is installed. Save the receipt with the date of purchase. When unable to water during specific hours, call 3-1-1 to apply for a variance.Back to Top Page Last Edited: Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:11:01 AM
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.