Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Portal will be undergoing maintenance starting at 11 p.m. Saturday, May 3 and for all of Sunday, May 4. Intermittent outages may be experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience as we improve our online services.
Stimulates the physical, mental, and spiritual potential of individuals:
- Fosters good schools, jobs, housing, public transportation, clean air, and safety
- Encourages a harmonious relationship between man and nature
- Helps conserve energy and natural resources
- Brings quality to the physical, social, economic, and cultural environment
- Provides balanced and diverse recreational opportunities
- Takes advantage of its unique features, climate, geography, population, history, industry, and express them through design
- Understands a community’s roots
- Involves people in the planning and use of projects
Miami-Dade County Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces, together with The Parks Foundation of Miami-Dade and generous sponsors, is hosted the 2014 Great Park Summit on Friday, April 4, 2014 from 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden, 10901 Old Cutler Road in Coral Gables.
Miami-Dade County Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces Department hosted the fourth Great Park Summit, Wednesday, April 18, 2012. The theme was "Partnerships Through Creative Initiatives".
The 2010 Great Park Summit took place on March 5, 2010, at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden. The theme was Partnerships/An Economic, Social and Environmental Health Plan.
The Great Park Summit 2008 took place March 14, 2008 at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Gardens and brought leaders, visionaries, and activists together to share an inspirational vision for a more livable and sustainable South Florida.
The 2006 Summit, kicked off the public planning process to prepare a new Open Space Master Plan for the Miami-Dade Park and Recreation Department, it served to initiate a dialogue throughout the community about the significant contribution of parks, recreation and conservation open space to the health and economic vitality of the South Florida community.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.