As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
There are several ways you can get involved and give back to your community through Miami-Dade County Parks as a volunteer:
- Join hundreds of community volunteers at our annual signature service day events (MLK Day of Service, Youth Service Earth Fest, Summer Service Bash, 9/11 Day of Service & Remembrance)
- Participate in on-going Saturday volunteer service events including our EcoAction Days and Community Action Days at various nature centers and parks across Miami-Dade County.
- Gather a group of five or more friends, work colleagues or loved ones to participate in park cleanups and park beautification projects. You can also have your group Adopt-A-Park of your choosing!
- Learn more about park operations as a park site volunteer through placements at various locations including golf courses, marinas, Zoo Miami and other selected park locations. Learn more about placement opportunities.
- Fulfill community service requirements (court mandated, high school and college service requirements)
For more information on volunteer opportunities, email Diana Young.
Haulover Park Community Action Days
Beautify this coastal park and keep our ocean ecosystem healthy by removing trash and micro plastics. Additional Community Action Day projects may vary.
Greynolds Park Community Action Days
Join other community volunteers as they come together to help with various park beautification tasks around this beautiful historic park. Additional Community Action Day projects may vary.
ECO Action Days
Earn community service hours and help with various volunteer beautification and cleanup projects throughout different nature centers and parks across Miami-Dade County! Learn more about ECO Action Days.
2018 Summer Service Bash
July is Parks & Recreation Month! Come out and celebrate with us during Summer Service Bash, a family-friendly signature service day. This event is scheduled to take place at Sgt. Joseph Delancy Richmond Heights Park, 14450 Boggs Drive, Miami, Florida 33176 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. (check-in opens at 8:30 a.m.). Community service hours will be awarded to all participants. Volunteer projects include:
- removing litter
- other park beautification activities
For more information, or for sponsorship opportunities email Diana Young.
This event is hosted by Miami-Dade Parks and the Parks Foundation of Miami-Dade.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.