As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
There are several ways you can get involved and give back to your community through Miami-Dade County Parks as a volunteer:
- Join hundreds of community volunteers at our annual signature service day events (MLK Day of Service, Youth Service Earth Fest, Summer Service Bash, 9/11 Day of Service & Remembrance)
- Participate in on-going Saturday volunteer service events including our EcoAction Days and Community Action Days at various nature centers and parks across Miami-Dade County.
- Gather a group of five or more friends, work colleagues or loved ones to participate in park cleanups and park beautification projects. You can also have your group Adopt-A-Park of your choosing!
- Learn more about park operations as a park site volunteer through placements at various locations including golf courses, marinas, Zoo Miami and other selected park locations. Learn more about placement opportunities.
- Fulfill community service requirements (court mandated, high school and college service requirements)
For more information on volunteer opportunities, email Diana Young.
Haulover Park Community Action Days
Beautify this coastal park and keep our ocean ecosystem healthy by removing trash and micro plastics. Additional Community Action Day projects may vary.
Greynolds Park Community Action Days
Join other community volunteers as they come together to help with various park beautification tasks around this beautiful historic park. Additional Community Action Day projects may vary.
Miami-Dade Park Conservation Corps
Are you passionate about the conservation of parks and natural areas?
Looking for an opportunity to volunteer and give back to your community?
Join the Park Conservation Corps today!
The Park Conservation Corps is a signature volunteer group comprised of individuals passionate about serving their community and playing an active role in enhancing Miami-Dade County’s park system. Park Conservation Corps members represent a variety of professions across business, government, education and the non-profit sector. They come together with one goal in mind: to champion for parks, open spaces and the conservation of natural areas in our local community through direct civic engagement.
As a member of the Park Conservation Corps, you can:
- Connect with nature, explore our parks and get to know our local community through a “parks” lens.
- Become an advocate and help make parks, open spaces and the preservation of natural areas a top priority in our community.
- Participate in volunteer projects that enhance our heritage parks and natural areas.
- Have the opportunity to learn best practices in the areas of landscaping, tree planting, master gardening, coastal stewardship and many other key conservation efforts.
- Network with other PCC members and interact with Miami-Dade County Parks staff and elected officials.
Deadline to submit your Park Conservation Corps application is Thursday, Nov. 29, 2018. For more information on the Miami-Dade Park Conservation Corps call 305-961-2781 or email [email protected].
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunity: "Vamos a Pescar" Event
Come volunteer with us at the "Vamos a Pescar" event scheduled to take place at Tropical Park on Nov. 4, 2018 from 12 to 4 p.m. Volunteer and earn community service hours while enjoying a great day at the park! Register here.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.