At this time, Miami-Dade County is monitoring Hurricane Matthew.
Please visit our Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
VOLUNTEER! The Best Things in Life are Free!
You can volunteer at the park of your choice by building a playground, beautifying parks, maintaining natural areas, playing basketball with children in an inclusive setting, coordinating activities for seniors programs, completing a scouting merit badge program, providing golf ranger/starter duties, cleaning and maintaining a park or fulfilling community service hours and more.
For more information on volunteering contact 305-961-2781.
Become a member of the Park Conservation Corps
The Park Conservation Corps is a signature volunteer group comprised of individuals passionate about serving their community and playing an active role in enhancing our park system. Park Conservation Corps members represent a variety of professions across business, government, education and the non-profit sector. They come together with one goal in mind; to champion for parks, open spaces and the conservation of natural areas in our local community through direct civic engagement.
As a member of the Park Conservation Corps, you can:
- Connect with nature, explore our parks and get to know our local community through a ''parks'' lens.
- Become an advocate and help make parks, open spaces and the preservation of natural areas a top priority in our local community.
- Participate in volunteer projects that enhance our heritage parks and natural areas.
- Learn best practices in the areas of landscaping, tree planting, master gardening, coastal stewardship and many other key conservation efforts.
- Network with other members and interact with Parks staff and elected officials.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.