As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Historic Preservation Board
The meeting of the Historic Preservation Board (“HPB”), on Wednesday, October 21, 2020, at 2:00 p.m., will now only be held virtually utilizing communications media technology made permissible pursuant to the Governor’s Executive Orders relating to COVID-19. This meeting was previously scheduled to be held on the 18th Floor of the Stephen P. Clark Center at 111 NW 1 Street, Miami, Florida, 33128.
Meetings and Agendas
2020 Meeting Dates
- Jan. 8
- Feb. 26
- March 17 – Sunshine meeting — CANCELLED
- March 18 — CANCELLED
- April 15 — CANCELLED
- May 20 — CANCELLED
- June 17 — Virtual
- July 22 — Virtual
- Aug. 26 — Virtual
- Sept. 30 — Virtual
- Oct. 21 — Virtual
- Nov. 18
- Dec. 16
Accessing Virtual Meetings
The public may listen or observe the meeting as follows:
- Call in live to listen to the meeting at:
US: 786-635-1003 or 877-853-5247 (Toll Free) or 888-788-0099 (Toll Free)
Webinar ID: 928 8521 5653
- Join the meeting live via Zoom™ to observe and listen by registering in advance for the meeting
Opportunity to Be Heard
Interested parties that have a matter on the agenda may participate and may present witnesses during the public hearing on the item, as follows:
- Join the meeting live via Zoom™ to speak on an item, when permissible, by registering in advance of the meeting,
- Join the meeting live by phone to speak on an item, when permissible, by registering in advance of the meeting
- If a foreign language translator is needed, it shall be the responsibility of the persons needing a translator to obtain a qualified translator and provide these access instructions.
Procedures for use of documentary or audiovisual evidence through remote means:
The following procedures apply only to the electronic use and entry of documentary, photographic, audiovisual, and other evidence (other than live witness testimony) that is reasonably able to be provided and shared electronically at the virtual meeting (collectively referred to as “electronic evidence”), and does not apply to physical evidence that cannot be properly examined through the use of the means listed herein.
- At least three business days prior to the HPB meeting, all counsel or self-represented parties, including interested parties, shall submit to [email protected] all electronic evidence sought to be introduced, files not to exceed 50MB. Files exceeding 50MB shall be divided into two or more files (less than 50 MB each) and attached to separate emails and should be marked to indicate number sequence of emails (E.g., email 1 of 2, email 2 of 2, etc.). Preferably, please submit documents in PDF format with consecutively ordered page numbers noted on the bottom of each page.
- Nothing in this procedure limits the HPB’s ability to designate supplemental procedures (for example, requiring exhibits to be saved using a different software program and re-transmitted to HPB in advance of the hearing).
- If the parties comply in good faith with this procedure but technological issues prevent a meaningful review of the evidence through remote means, the HPB may defer the matter at its discretion.
- Where physical evidence, material to the cause, is proffered and cannot be properly examined through electronic means, parties should wait for in-person hearings to be scheduled and should request that the matter be continued.
Miami-Dade County provides equal access and equal opportunity in its programs, services, employment, and activities and does not discriminate on the basis of disability. To request materials in accessible format, a translator, sign language interpreter, CART services, or any accommodation to participate in any County-sponsored program or meeting, please contact the Department’s ADA Coordinator, Alain Donderiz, at 305-372-6779 or 786-442-4778, or via email at [email protected], at least five days in advance of the meeting to initiate your request.
If you have any questions or require additional information regarding the virtual meeting, or need assistance registering or accessing the meeting please call (305) 375-4958 or send an e-mail to [email protected]. Due to COVID-19, staff is currently working remotely but will respond within a reasonable time to voicemails received.
Documents for Upcoming Virtual Meeting
- Public Hearing 1 - Special Certificate of Appropriateness #2020-34-S, Military Museum
- Public Hearing 2 - Designation Amendment, Dade County Courthouse Interior
Search Agendas and Minutes
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.