As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Sea Level Rise Task Force
The Sea Level Rise Task Force is charged with:
- Reviewing relevant data and prior studies and reports regarding the potential impact of sea level rise on public services and facilities, real estate, water and other ecological resources, and property and infrastructure; and
- Providing a comprehensive and realistic assessment of the likely and potential impacts of sea level rise and storm surge over time.
This assessment will then be used to help recommended amendments to the County’s Comprehensive Development Master Plan, to the capital facilities planning process, to budgetary prioritization and to other County programs as necessary.
- Read the Task Force Report and Recommendations, issued July 1, 2014 (20 MB)
The Sea Level Rise Task Force listens to presentations at the Feb. 11, 2014 meeting.
Wednesday, June 11
Thursday, June 5
Tuesday, May 27
Thursday, May 22
- Minutes and Exhibits (1.3 MB)
Thursday, May 15
Thursday, May 8
April 28, 2014
April 4, 2014
- Minutes and Exhibits (12.6 MB)
March 19, 2014
- Minutes and Exhibits (6.6 MB)
March 7, 2014
- Minutes and Exhibits (16.6 MB)
February 11, 2014
- Minutes and Exhibits (18 MB)
December 20, 2013
- Minutes and Exhibits (15 MB)
November 21, 2013
- Minutes and Exhibits (12.7 MB)
November 4, 2013
- Minutes and Exhibits (5.5 MB)
Task Force Members and Coordinators
Task Force Members
- The Honorable Harvey Ruvin, the Clerk of Courts, Chair
- James Murley, Executive Director, South Florida Regional Planning Council, Vice Chair
- David Enfield, Ph.D., Retired NOAA Research Oceanographer
- Sara E. Fain, Esq., Executive Director, Everglades Law Center
- T. Willard Fair, President and CEO of Urban League of Greater Miami
- Jorge Gonzalez, CEO, City National Bank of Florida
- Arsenio Milian, P.E., Environmental and Civil Engineering
Task Force Coordinators
- Nichole L. Hefty
Chief, Office of Sustainability -- Planning Division of the Department of Regulatory and Economic Resources
- Elizabeth Soto
Executive Secretary to the Clerk of the Courts
Final recommendations can be found on the Green Climate Change page. The executive summaries are also available to view.Back to Top
Task Force News
Miami TodayBack to Top
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.