Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- My husband/wife passed away, how can I get a check issued in my name?
- I am a senior, or my wife and I are seniors, how can I/ we get on the list?
- I am 65 years but my wife is not. Are we still eligible for the $100 senior relief fund check?
Return the original check and a copy of the death certificate to:
Miami-Dade County Finance Department
111 NW First Street
Accounts Payable Section Suite 2620
Miami, Florida 33128
To be eligible for the $100 Senior Relief Fund check, you must have qualified for and received the senior exemption for 2012. To qualify for the senior exemption you must meet the following criteria:
- Homesteaded property
- 65 or older as of January 1
- Household Adjusted Gross Income is less than $27,030
- Apply by March 1, 2012
Your spouse does not need to qualify for the senior exemption for you to still be eligible for the $100 Senior Relief Fund check. Only one senior relief fund check is issued per household.