Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Portal will be undergoing maintenance starting at 11 p.m. Saturday, May 3 and for all of Sunday, May 4. Intermittent outages may be experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience as we improve our online services.
Wi-Fi on Board
Riders can enjoy the convenience of free Wi-Fi access on all Metrorail rail cars and a number of buses on express routes, like the Dade-Broward I-95 Express and the Kendall Cruiser.
How to connect
- Make sure Wi-Fi Discovery is active in your device
- The service set identifier (SSID) is: Miami Dade Free Wi-Fi.
- Once your device has discovered this SSID, you may connect to it.
- There are no passwords to enter; however, upon connecting you will be presented with a splash page.
- On the splash page, make sure you read the Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy.
- Once you accept these terms, click on the button that reads "Get connected now" to gain internet access.
- You will then be redirected to www.miamidade.gov after which you will be able to use the Internet at your leisure.
- Please note that Miami-Dade Transit's Wi-Fi service is based on cellular technology; therefore, the bandwidth available is limited and shared among all the users aboard your train car.
- Due to the nature of the service, signal strengths may vary and fluctuate along the Metrorail alignment.
- Be courteous to your fellow Internet users by limiting the streaming of audio and video, as well as the download of large files.
- As a customer courtesy, we ask that you use headphones.
- Please refer to the Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy for any liability questions you may have.
Our Wi-Fi service is based on a cellular network. There may be locations where service is intermittent or unavailable. The availability of Wi-Fi depends on the strength of the cellular signal in that area. This is the same effect as when a person experiences a "dropped" call on a cell phone when hitting a "dead zone."
Miami-Dade Transit (MDT) Metrorail personnel serve exclusively for rail operations and safety supervision. To get technical support, please call 3-1-1, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturdays, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Transit information agents are not available on Sundays or County-observed holidays. Please provide support personnel with your car number, nature of the problem, wireless device type and as much detail as possible on any error messages.
It is the customer's responsibility to equip his or her laptop or wireless Internet device with the necessary software for secure Internet usage. MDT is not responsible for any damages or security breaches.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.