Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program
The Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program is primarily funded by the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT). The objectives are to:
- Ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of DOT-assisted contracts.
- Reduce burdens on small businesses.
- Assist the development of firms that can compete successfully in the marketplace outside of the DBE program.
Eligibility & Requirements
Owner(s) must own 51 percent of the firm and be a member(s) of one of the following groups:
- Women (Regardless of race)
- Black Americans
- Hispanic Americans
- Native Americans
- Asian-Pacific Americans
- Subcontinent Asian Americans
- Any additional groups whose members are designated as socially and economically disadvantaged by the Small Business Administration (SBA) and has a personal net worth not to exceed $1.32 million (minus the value of their principal residence and interest in the business)
For more information call 786-469-5405 or 786-469-5302.