- Miami-Dade Transit is following federal guidelines and at this time, as the TSA will not be enforcing any mask policy, we will follow suit for all transit vehicles and platforms.
Transportation & Public Works
News & Social Media
We connect people to places by providing a high-quality, safe, reliable, clean, and efficient mass transit system that meets the travel needs of the County's growing population and we provide vital transportation infrastructure systems and services.
Our mass transit system includes:
We provide all traffic signals countywide, along with all traffic control signs, street signage and pavement markings and all County and State-owned street lights. We build, operate and maintain movable and fixed bridges, swales, roadway surface repairs, guardrails, and along County road rights-of-way. We also operate and maintain the Rickenbacker and Venetian Causeways.
We manage the County Stormwater Utility for flood and water quality protection and maintain the secondary canal system.
Permits for all work within rights-of-way and code enforcement of unpermitted work is also handled by our Public Works division.
Read more about our local policies and Administrative Orders for equal employment opportunity, Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program, accessible Transit services, and filing a discrimination complaint (Title VI) on Transit.
- Beach Corridor
- Better Bus Network
- Bus Passenger Shelter Program
- East-West Corridor
- Golden Glades Multimodal Transportation Facility
- MDT Moving Forward Together
- Metromover system enhancements
- Metrorail Acoustical Barrier Replacement Program
- Micromobility Networks
- South Dade TransitWay
- The Strategic Miami Area Rapid Transit (SMART) Program
- The Underline
- Transit Oriented Development (TOD)