Important message: The following measures are being implemented as a direct response to COVID-19.
- Annual limousine renewal which usually takes place in April has been postponed until further notice. In the meantime, companies will be allowed to operate with the current operating permit decal which expires on April 30, 2020.
- Annual Passenger Motor Carrier (PMC) and Special Transportation Services (STS) renewals have been extended until June 30, 2020. In the meantime, operators will be allowed to continue using their current permit decal which expires on March 31, 2020.
- Vehicle inspections have been extended for 60 days and no enforcement action will be taken for expired inspection.
- PTRD’s inspection station facility and the main downtown office are presently closed until further notice.
- Drivers whose chauffeur registrations expire during this period will be allowed to operate with their current license.
- No late fees will be imposed for expired inspection or chauffeur registration.
The Miami-Dade County Taxicab For-Hire License system is a medallion system which deems a taxicab for-hire license to be intangible property. The owner of a taxicab medallion can use the medallion as collateral to secure a loan from a bank or other financial institution.
Chauffeur Training Programs
Passenger Transportation Regulatory Division