Jitney Certificate of Transportation
Important Message: The Passenger Transportation Regulatory Division (PTRD) restarted operations on Monday, June 1. For the safety of our customers and employees, we have established new inspection procedures in accordance with the County's Covid-19 regulations and guidelines.
These changes include:
- The chauffeur licensing unit is now open Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Customers must always sanitize hands upon entering the building and wear facial coverings while at the office. Social distance should always also be maintained while visiting the office.
- We strongly encourage renewal by mail of Passenger Motor Carrier (PMC) and Special Transportation Services (STS) Certificates. Once approved, your operating permit decals will be sent to you via certified mail.
- To renew a PMC or STS Certificate in person, you will need to make an appointment. Please contact Mr. Pedro Orelle at Ped[email protected] or Mr. Benson Thomas at [email protected] for an appointment.
- The vehicles inspection station is open Monday to Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. However, if you are placing a new vehicle in service or replacing your current vehicle, you will need to bring the vehicle for inspection before 1 p.m.
- Please note that you will be required to stay inside your vehicle during the inspection. Also, you must wear a facial covering during the entire inspection process.
- Make sure to bring a copy of the vehicle registration and insurance certificate.
For customer service information, call 786-469-2300.
Chapter 31, Article III of the Miami-Dade County Code requires anyone wishing to provide passenger motor carrier services to first obtain a certificate of transportation. Passenger motor carrier service is generally prearranged transportation using vehicles with a seating capacity of between 9 and 28 passengers, not including the driver. Passenger motor carrier vehicles are vans and minibuses.
Passenger motor carrier services in Miami-Dade County are licensed and regulated to assure the passengers, as well as others utilizing the streets of Miami-Dade County, that the vehicles are fit and their operators and chauffeurs are competent to provide such service.
Mail / Email
Passenger Transportation Regulatory Division
Department of Transportation and Public Works
601 NW 1st Ct., 18th Floor
Miami FL 33136