Passenger Motor Carrier Certificate
Important Message: Please be advised that the Passenger Transportation Regulatory Division will restart operations on Monday, June 1, 2020. For your safety and that of our employees, we have established new hours of operation and inspection procedures in accordance with the County’s Covid-19 regulations and guidelines. These changes include:
- The chauffeur licensing unit will receive customers Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Customers must always sanitize hands upon entering the building and wear facial coverings while at the office. Social distance should always also be maintained while visiting the office.
- Renewal of Passenger Motor Carrier (PMC) and Special Transportation Services (STS) Certificates will resume and will be extended until July 31, 2020. However, you will have to make an appointment in order to renew in person. We strongly encourage renewal by mail. Once approved, your operating permit decals will be sent to you via certified mail. If you prefer to make an appointment, please contact Pedro Orelle or Benson Thomas.
- The Inspection Station will receive customers Monday to Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. However, if you are placing a new vehicle in service or replacing your current vehicle, you will have to bring the vehicle for inspection before 1 p.m. Please note that you will be required to stay inside your vehicle during the inspection. Also, you must wear facial coverings during the entire inspection.
- Please make sure that you have with you a copy of the vehicle registration and insurance certificate.
We look forward to serving you again. For customer service information, please call 786-469-2300.
Anyone wishing to provide passenger motor carrier services to first obtain a certificate of transportation. Passenger motor carrier service is generally prearranged transportation using vehicles with a seating capacity of between 9 and 28 passengers, not including the driver. Passenger motor carrier vehicles are vans and minibuses.
There are four classes of certificates which can be applied for under this type of transportation:
- contract carrier
- charter service
- special operations
The drivers must have a for-hire chauffeur registration, and the vehicles must be inspected.
Passenger Transportation Regulatory Division
Mail / Email
- Passenger Transportation Regulatory Division
Vehicle Inspection Station
2615 NW 10 Avenue
Miami FL 33127