Passenger Motor Carrier Certificate
Important message: The following measures are being implemented as a direct response to COVID-19.
- Annual limousine renewal which usually takes place in April has been postponed until further notice. In the meantime, companies will be allowed to operate with the current operating permit decal which expires on April 30, 2020.
- Annual Passenger Motor Carrier (PMC) and Special Transportation Services (STS) renewals have been extended until June 30, 2020. In the meantime, operators will be allowed to continue using their current permit decal which expires on March 31, 2020.
- Vehicle inspections have been extended for 60 days and no enforcement action will be taken for expired inspection.
- PTRD’s inspection station facility and the main downtown office are presently closed until further notice.
- Drivers whose chauffeur registrations expire during this period will be allowed to operate with their current license.
- No late fees will be imposed for expired inspection or chauffeur registration.
Anyone wishing to provide passenger motor carrier services to first obtain a certificate of transportation. Passenger motor carrier service is generally prearranged transportation using vehicles with a seating capacity of between 9 and 28 passengers, not including the driver. Passenger motor carrier vehicles are vans and minibuses.
There are four classes of certificates which can be applied for under this type of transportation:
- contract carrier
- charter service
- special operations
The drivers must have a for-hire chauffeur registration, and the vehicles must be inspected.
Passenger Transportation Regulatory Division
Mail / Email
- Passenger Transportation Regulatory Division
Vehicle Inspection Station
2615 NW 10 Avenue
Miami FL 33127