At this time, Miami-Dade County is monitoring Hurricane Matthew.
Please visit our Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Metrorail Downtown Express
The Downtown Express Metrorail service runs on weekdays only, departing twice in the mornings and twice in the afternoons from Dadeland South and Government Center, stopping only at selected stations. See map .
Downtown Express trains have a blue sign at the front, in addition to regular Orange Line signs. Train operators will also announce the final destination on the public address system.
Check the Metrorail schedule on the MDT Tracker App.
- The express train departs from Dadeland South at 7:10 a.m. and 8:10 a.m., Monday – Friday.
- The train makes a stop at Dadeland North and continues as an express train until it reaches Brickell Station.
- Regular Orange Line service resumes at Brickell Station to Miami International Airport Station.
- Total travel time from Dadeland South to Government Center, approximately 16 minutes.
- The express train departs from Government Center at 4:48 p.m. and 5:18 p.m., Monday – Friday.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.