Bike & Ride on Transit
All Metrorail stations and Metrobus Park & Ride lots are equipped with bicycle racks.
BikeLids, enabling you to secure your bike using your own padlock and additionally offering covered protection, are available free on a first-come, first-served basis at Metrorail stations and other locations.
A motorized scooter is defined by Florida Statute 316.003(82) as: “Any vehicle not having a seat or saddle for the use of the rider, designed to travel on not more than three wheels, and not capable of propelling the vehicle at a speed greater than 30 miles per hour on level ground.”
Motorized scooters may be carried/walked onto DTPW property and DTPW vehicles including Metrorail, Metromover and Metrobus, provided that the following parameters are met:
- Commercial motorized scooters (those which are rented and not personally owned) are prohibited from all transit vehicles, all Metrorail and Metromover stations, and all bus shelters.
- Motorized scooters may only be battery powered. Fuel-powered scooters are NOT permitted on any DTPW vehicles.
- Motorized scooters must be folded, if designed to do so, and safely stowed at all times while on Metrorail, Metromover or Metrobus vehicles and must not block aisles, doors, occupy patron seating or interfere with other patrons or otherwise cause a tripping hazard
- Motorized scooters must be switched “off” while on-board transit vehicles, within stations or bus terminals
- Motorized scooters must be covered if wet or dirty
- Motorized scooters shall not be operated within DTPW vehicles, stations. bus terminals or bus passenger shelters.
- Motorized scooters and riders must abide by all applicable federal, state and local codes, rules and regulations.
Failure to abide with the above parameters may result in a prohibition of transit services.