We have recently seen an enormous and alarming rise in COVID cases across our community and the country. As I’ve pledged from the beginning, if we see a spike in positivity, we would take all necessary steps to protect our community, including making updated recommendations with full transparency about the facts.
Masks are again required at all indoor County facilities for employees and for visitors, in keeping with new CDC guidance that even vaccinated people should wear masks in certain settings to maximize protection from the Delta variant. Masks continue to be required on transit and at the airport under federal regulation.
Getting vaccinated remains the single best step any of us can take to protect ourselves and our loved ones and reduce the spread of the virus. If you’ve already been vaccinated, please reach out to those in your life who have not and urge them to get the shot as well. Find a vaccine site near you: miamidade.gov/vaccine.
It's important that we all get back to the basic COVID precautions we know work:
- Get vaccinated as soon as possible
- Wear a mask in public indoor settings. We also strongly encourage you to wear a mask in all public settings including outdoors – especially when in large crowds and around people you don’t know to be vaccinated
- Practice social distancing in public and socialize outdoors wherever possible
- Wash your hands frequently
- Stay home if you’re sick, and if you have been exposed or experience COVID symptoms – even if you’re vaccinated – get tested.
Our economy is just beginning to rebound and it’s essential that we keep building on the progress we have made. We all must do our part to control the spread and to keep our loved ones safe and our community moving forward.
With gratitude and hope,
COVID-19 Dashboard Report
Stay up to date with the positivity rate, vaccines given and more.
As of July 30, 2021
Positivity Rate: 13.3 percent
From the Mayor