Health and wellness coaching is a partnership between you and a trained, professional health and wellness coach to help you be your best and healthiest self. Your coach will not simply tell you what to do; she will help you create a program designed to reach your goals. Your coach will guide, support and encourage you, but ultimately you are responsible for your own choices and actions.
A health and wellness coach can help you:
- Clarify what it is you want to do in order to get–and stay–healthy.
- Work with you to design an individualized action plan based on your Personal Health Assessment (PHA).
- Co-create realistic goals and then break them down into smaller, achievable action steps.
- Assist in getting you the necessary screenings, biometrics, fitness options, immunizations, resources and followup care from your health providers.
- Encourage, motivate and support you toward reaching your goals.
- Celebrate your victories with you.
Our coaches are certified by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act and ensure that all information remains completely confidential. Coaching sessions are private. No personal health information is shared with Miami-Dade County. Coaching can be done face-to-face, by email or by phone. Walk-ins are welcome at the Stephen P. Clark Center's 20th floor.Read coaches' profiles