The Veteran Business Grant is for veterans who own businesses and have experienced financial hardships due to COVID-19. Qualifying veterans can apply for assistance as part of a $5 million veteran business grant program fund.
Funding received will be calculated based on individual percentages of eligible costs incurred, with a maximum award of $25,000 per business.
- Veterans with a valid honorable discharge DD214 who own a business
- Businesses with a maximum of 50 employees and annual revenue does not exceed $10 million
- Veterans can apply for only one owned establishment
Reimbursable Expense Documents
- One hundred percent reimbursable Personal Protective Equipment – PPE purchases and other associated expenses necessary to comply with CDC guidelines or Miami-Dade County COVID-19 safety orders; proof of purchase via receipt or paid invoice
- Eighty percent reimbursable rent or mortgage – proof of payment via receipt or canceled check; if behind on payments, a notarized letter from landlord or lender stating how many months behind or in default and to include specific dates is required
- Fifty percent reimbursable other expenses – utility bills, licenses, insurance are allowable expenses needed to keep the business operational and to safely meet local, state and federal requirements; proof of payment via receipt, paid invoice or canceled check
For additional information email [email protected] or call 305-375-3111.Apply online