Step Up and Thrive Face-Off 2023
Wellness Works is looking for 32 teams of 25 participants to join the ultimate department annual steps challenge showdown for 2023.
Get active and make your steps count towards a greater goal to improve your health and fitness. Department teams will take on other department teams to compete for the greatest endurance and stride efforts to determine the Step Up and Thrive Face Off 2023 challenge champions.
- Registration period: Oct. 1 - Nov. 18, 2022
- Challenge dates: Jan. 23 - Nov. 11, 2023
- Round 1 (10 weeks): All teams compete
- Round 2 (8 weeks): Top 50 percent of teams to win round 1 will advance, bottom 50 percent of teams will be eliminated
- Round 3 (8 weeks): Top 50 percent of teams to win round 2 will advance, bottom 50 percent of teams will be eliminated
- Round 4 (8 weeks): Top 50 percent of teams to win round 3 will advance, bottom 50 percent of teams will be eliminated
- Final Round 5 (8 weeks): Final teams will compete head-to-head to become challenge champions.
Any participants eliminated from rounds 2 and 3 will be moved into an individual redemption tournament with the other participants eliminated in those rounds. This will continue until the start of round 4 of the challenge. So there will be redemption 2 and 3 individual champions and a team face-off champion.
Designated team captains will collect all participants’ complete information on the registration form and submit the completed form to [email protected] by Nov. 18. Each department may enroll up to two department teams to compete in the tournament.
Each department team must have a minimum of 18 participants, including a designated team captain. The team captain is responsible for the following:
- Completing and submitting the Team Registration Form
- Coordinating swag bag and incentive prize pick-ups for their team
- Must appear on the registration form submitted by team captain
- Be registered on healthyroads.com
- Have a device that is linked to their Healthy Roads account to track steps by Jan. 1
- Must be benefits-eligible prior to Nov. 30
All participants Earn:
- Wellness Works shirt and other incentives
- 25 Wellness points each quarter towards the 75 points required for eligible entry to $250 quarterly raffles
Winning department team members earn:
- Wellness Works MEGA Swag Bag
- Bragging rights
- Department receives Championship Wellness Works Belt and keeps it for one year until the next champion is selected
Please note, this is not a Quarterly Steps Challenge where employees register individually. A registration form is required for each team. Team members cannot be changed, added or replaced once set up. Any participant who displays significant anomalies in performance will automatically be disqualified from the competition. This may impact their team’s performance and result in elimination from the challenge.Registration Form
Leaving Miami-Dade County
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.