Fire and Out of Business Sale Permits
A Going Out of Business / Fire Sale Permit must be obtained whenever a business organizes a sale of goods that causes the public to believe that operations will end when all goods are sold.
The permit, required by Florida Statutes, is issued for a period of up to 60 consecutive days, including weekends and holidays, and cannot be renewed. Permits are neither transferable nor refundable.
For each location, you will need:
- A completed Out of Business Permit or Fire Sale Permit application
- A full inventory of the goods, wares, merchandise and the dollar value of the items to be offered for the sale
- A fee of $50 in certified funds or cash only
- Proof that all real estate and personal property taxes are paid
- A copy of advertisements used in the media, including the needed verbiage
- Surrender any applicable city and County local business tax receipts (formerly known as the occupational license)
Read more about Going Out-of-Business Permit Instructions