Veteran Services Program
CAHSD Veteran Services Program assists Veterans and their families (spouse, children, widows, parents of Veterans) with applying for Veteran benefits, claims and appeals to the United States Department of Veterans Affairs.
You and your family can get assistance in applying for federal, state and local benefits. The program helps current and former veterans seeking assistance with federal programs and services. There is no cost to receive veteran services.
The goal of CAHSD's Veteran Services Program is to:
- Inform Veterans and their family members of the benefits available through the United States Veterans Affairs Office and the array of social services available at CAHSD
- Facilitate the process when applying for benefits
- Develop relationships/partnerships with various entities (FIU, Vet Center, Transition Inc., South Florida Workforce, the Advocate Program and Veteran Administration)
- Dependence and indemnity compensation
- Veterans Adminstration home loan
- You must provide proof of military service
- Your spouse must provide a certified marriage certificate
- You must provide birth certificates for your children
If veteran is deceased, a certified copy of death certificate must be submitted.
Visit the nearest Veterans Service Center. You can find additional information on benefits on the Department of Veteran Affairs website.