Skip Navigation
Last Visited »

Hurricane Irma

As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.

Sewage Treatment Plant Permits

Sewage Treatment Plant Permits are required under the permitting process delegated to the Miami-Dade County Regulatory and Economic Resources Department through the Specific Operating Agreement (SOA) existing with the Florida Department of Environmental Protection (FDEP). This includes the responsibility to determine if a connection, modification, repair, etc., requires a permit.

This permit is necessary for the construction or renewal of the operating permit of sewage treatment plants, including the sewage collection systems and the appurtenant pump stations, located within Miami-Dade County.

How to apply

The State Application forms are 62-620.910(1) and 62-620.910(2).

As provided by FDEP regulations and the (SOA), a response from Miami-Dade County is required within 30 days of submittal of the application for review. Once the operating permit is issued, it is valid for five years.


There is a fee associated only with the review of the Permit Application. The fee is based on the design capacity of the proposed or existing plant.

The FDEP fee is due at the time of submittal of the completed Permit Application form to Miami-Dade County.

For more information

Please call Agustin Socarras at 305-372-6600.

If you cannot view PDF PDF files, you can download Acrobat Reader  for free from Adobe Systems, Inc. In order to use PDF files, you must have Acrobat installed on your computer.

Back to Top Page Last Edited: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:57:13 AM

You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.

Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.