As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
STS Rider’s Guide
The information contained in this Special Transportation Service (STS) Rider’s Guide has been developed to help new riders become acquainted with the STS program and to provide the necessary guidelines required to use the service effectively.
If you have questions about any of the information contained in this guide or would like to request a copy of this guide in an alternate format, please contact Miami-Dade Transit’s Paratransit Certification Office at (786) 469-5000.
What is STS?
A shared-ride public transportation service of Miami-Dade County in compliance with the complimentary paratransit service provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990.
Who is eligible for STS?
- Miami-Dade County residents whose physical or mental disability prevent their use of accessible public transportation.
- Miami-Dade County residents with temporary disabilities that are temporarily eligible for STS during the period of their disability.
- People with disabilities visiting from out-of-town that are presumed eligible under the ADA jurisdiction.
- Trip reservations can be made via phone by contacting the reservation line at (305) 871-1111.
- Hours of operation:
Monday - Sunday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Trip reservations can also be made online at: www.stsconnect.miamidade.gov
- Trips can be scheduled up to seven (7) days in advance.
- Required information to make a reservation: Name, identification number, phone number, and address of the pick-up/drop-off location of the rider.
- Arrive at the main entrance of the pick-up location at least ten (10) minutes early.
- Remain at the pick-up location for 30 minutes after negotiated pick-up time.
- Call in trip cancellations as soon as possible.
- Present your STS EASY Card to the driver.
- Eating, drinking, and smoking are not allowed inside STS vehicles.
- The use of abusive, threatening, and/or obscene language – or any other inappropriate actions – are prohibited in STS vehicles.
- A service animal is any animal individually trained to provide assistance to an individual with a disability.
- Service animals are permitted by law on any STS vehicle.
- No additional fee or deposit will be charged to transport a service animal.
- STS fare is $3.50 each way. Companions pay the same fare, Personal Care Attendant (PCA) do not pay a fare, and PCA must be pre-certified by STS Certification Office.
- Riders must have the exact fare and must pay upon entering the vehicle.
- Drivers DO NOT provide change.
- Riders may contact service provider at (305) 871-1111 to purchase pre-paid vouchers. The pre-paid vouchers can be used in lieu of the cash and should be handed to the driver upon entering the vehicle.
STS Areas of Service
- The STS program service areas match the DTPW transportation system (bus and rail) and includes most urbanized Miami-Dade County areas, but excludes certain locations such as: The Trail Glades Range, Miccosukee Indian Reservation and Fisher Island.
- Provide assistance in and out of the vehicle.
- Provide minimum assistance for riders capable of transferring from a mobility aid.
- Provide safe, courteous, and reliable service.
- Provide door-to-door service.
- Report all accidents and incidents immediately.
Drivers are NOT Responsible for:
- Carrying wheelchairs up/down stairs.
- Providing wheelchairs or PCA service.
- Entering buildings or residences to search for riders.
- Waiting with a rider at a drop-off location.
The Department of Transportation and Public Works/STS reserves the right to suspend or cancel service for any individual who:
- No longer meets the eligibility criteria, has moved outside of Miami-Dade County or is unwilling to cooperate with STS Program procedures.
- Lives in an area that is inaccessible.
- Behaves in a manner that is disruptive, abusive, threatening, or endangers the safety of staff and/or passengers.
- Abuses the program or has excessive no-shows and cancellations.
- Subscription requests can be made if you make the same trip(s) at least once per week.
- Call (305) 871-1111 to request subscription service
- Once scheduled, subscription service is automatic. You DO NOT need to place a daily phone call to schedule a trip.
- Call only to cancel or make changes to the subscription service.
Department of Transportation and Public Works
701 NW 1st Court
Miami, FL 33136
- Telephone: 786-469-5000
- Fax: 786-469-5610
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org<
- Reservations: 305-871-1111
To locate your ride log on to: stsconnect.miamidade.gov.
Lost and Found
- Any article left in an STS vehicle will be turned in to the contractor by the driver.
- If you leave an article behind, please contact Transportation America at (305) 871-1111.
- You may file an anonymous complaint to the Department of Transportation and Public Works by calling (786) 469-5000, Monday to Friday from 7:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m. Please be sure to provide specific details of the incident such as date, time and concerns.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.