Skip Navigation
Last Visited »

Hurricane Irma

As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.

Insurance Agents

Here is some information to assist Insurance Agents to rate properties in Miami-Dade County.

Flood Zone Information

To check if a property is located within a Special Flood Hazard Area or Flood Zone call the Flood Zone Hotline at 305-372-6466 and the exact flood zone designation will be confirmed.

You can also find the flood zone for your property, by using the County's Flood Zone GIS website.

Visit the FEMA Map Service Center Website to download or view a digital copy of the maps.  Copies of Letter of Map Amendments (LOMA) or Letters of Map Revisions (LOMR) can also be obtained.

Flood Determination Form or Flood Zone Determination Letter

If you need a Flood Zone Determination for mortgage or insurance purposes, please call the Flood Zone Hotline at 305-372-6466. Leave a message with the property address and contact information.

CRS Discount

The National Flood Insurance Program's (NFIP) Community Rating System (CRS) is a voluntary incentive program that recognizes and encourages community floodplain management activities that exceed the minimum NFIP requirements. As a result, flood insurance premium rates are discounted to reflect the reduced flood risk resulting from the community actions meeting the three goals of the CRS. The Unincorporated Miami-Dade County participates in the CRS Program, as a Class 5 Community, which guarantees a 25% discount on all flood insurance premiums in flood zones and 10% discount on policies outside flood zones, for residents in this area.

Elevation Certificates

If the home was built after 1995, you may be able to find your elevation certificate by using our Elevation Certificate Search Application. If the property was built after 1995 and you are unable to access the information, please call the Flood Zone Hotline at 305-372-6466.

If the home was built before 1995 and you had never been substantially improved or experienced substantial damage to the structure, you may need to hire a surveyor to obtain an elevation certificate, since our records start on that year.

Letters of Map Amendment and Letters of Map Revision

You are able to download a copy of the Letters of Map Amendment (LOMAs) or Letters of Map Revisions (LOMRs) of the FEMA Flood Map Service Center.

Back to Top Page Last Edited: Tue May 24, 2016 9:45:22 AM

You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.

Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.