As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Environmental Research and Reports
Environmental reports such as background studies and cleanup target levels are intended to protect human health, public safety and environmental resources.
Reports and studies are available as reference guides. For more information, call 305-372-6789.
- Interim Site Assessment Guidance for developing at Former Agricultural Sites
- Air Quality Reports
- Artificial Reef Monitoring Reports
- Groundwater and Surface Water Monitoring
- Soil Contamination and Cleanup
- Coastal Areas, Endangered Lands and Wildlife
- Tree Reports
Interim Site Assessment Guidance for developing at Former Agricultural Sites
Revised Site Assessment Guidance for Developing at Former Agricultural Sites in Miami-Dade County
DERM has released a Site Assessment Guidance for Former Agricultural Sites in Miami-Dade County, which revises the Interim Site Assessment Guidance for Former Agricultural Sites in Miami-Dade County released on September 16, 2020. The Guidance was revised based on DERM’s evaluation, public comments, and suggestions received during the public comments period from September 16, 2020 to November 15, 2020. The public and interested parties are invited to attend a Webinar on August 6, 2021, for a presentation of the revised guidance and supporting information and to participate in a question-and-answer session after the presentation (s).
Interested parties will have an opportunity to provide comments on the revised Guidance during a sixty (60) day public comments period subsequent to the webinar.
Please be advised that DERM has extended the comment period. Comments will be accepted via email at [email protected] until October 29, 2021.
Presentations and Associated Material provided below:
- Former Agricultural Sites Evaluated by DERM and used in Data Analysis Presented at the Public Webinar August 6, 2021
- Technical Presentation Workshop Site Assessment Former Agricultural Sites in Miami-Dade County August 6, 2021
- DERM Responses to Interim Site Assessment Public Comments Webinar August 6, 2021
- UF Update on Acute Copper SCTL and Arsenic Metabolism in Soil
Air Quality Reports
Air Quality Index Trends
- Measurement of daily air quality from 1995-2008
- Air Quality Index 1998-2008
- Air Quality Index 1987-1997
Annual Air Quality Reports
- Ambient Air Quality in 2009 in Miami-Dade County
- Ambient Air Quality in 2008 in Miami-Dade County
- Ambient Air Quality in 2007 in Miami-Dade County
- Ambient Air Quality in 2006 in Miami-Dade County
- Ambient Air Quality in 2005 in Miami-Dade County
- Ambient Air Quality in 2004 in Miami-Dade County
Artificial Reef Monitoring Reports
Numerous artificial reef monitoring projects have been or are being conducted to evaluate the biological assemblages utilizing the artificial reefs.
Sunny Isles Reef Restoration Onsite Monitoring (2002-03)
Annual reports submitted by G.M. Selby and Associates:
G.M. Selby: 1991-92 (13 MB)
G.M. Selby: June 1994 (5 MB)
G.M. Selby: December 1994 (3 MB)
G.M. Selby: September 1995 (5 MB)
2002-2003 Grant Monitoring Project Report submitted to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC)
Baseline Limerock Boulder Artificial Reef Study (2006-07)
Baseline Boulder Study Final Report submitted to the FWC
Sunny Isles Offsite Mitigation Monitoring (2007-08)
Spatial Array and Depth Study of Miami-Dade Artificial Reef Modules (2009)
- Artificial Reef Module Study Final Report submitted to the FWC
Bal Harbour Mitigation Monitoring Program (ongoing)
- Bal Harbor Damage Report 90-15
- The results through Year 12 were summarized in a report submitted to the Florida Department of Environmental Protection (FDEP)
Groundwater and Surface Water Monitoring
- 1981, Technical Report 82-2 (1.2 MB)
- 1982, Technical Report 83-3 (2 MB)
- 1983, Technical Report 88-6 (3.2 MB)
- 1984, Technical Report 88-10 (4.2 MB)
- 1985, Technical Report 88-15 (3 MB)
Intensive canal studies
Wastewater and stormwater/ floodingBack to Top
Soil Contamination and Cleanup
Cleanup target levels (CTL) are intended to protect human health, public safety and environmental resources using risk-based corrective action strategies and to establish the point at which a site rehabilitation action is determined to be accomplished.
- Background Concentrations of Metals in Groundwater - Miami Dade County 2022
- Anthropogenic Background Study - 2014
- Background Study - Presented to the FDEP Contaminated Media Forum - 2014
- Environmental Quality Monitoring at Five Municipal Golf Courses - 2002 (1.5 MB)
- Natural Background Concentrations in Soil for Miami-Dade County - 2002
- Natural Background Soil Concentrations for the Barrier Islands of Miami-Dade County - 2004
- Background Concentrations of Iron in Groundwater in Miami-Dade County - 2005
Coastal Areas, Endangered Lands and Wildlife
- Manatee Protection Plan Review Committee Data Summary Report - 2009
- Miami-Dade County Recreational Boating Activity Report - 2009 (6.7 MB)
- Miami-Dade County's Urban Forests and Their Ecosystem Services
2011 report, based on 2008 data, with the University of Florida IFAS Extension
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.