Continuing Education Courses
It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to submit proof of compliance with the continuing education requirements with a copy of the valid certificate of completion obtained from the course provider.
Whether you have already completed all required courses or presently scheduled for upcoming webinars, make sure to obtain and keep all your certificates.
For 2023, the Regulatory and Economic Resources Department (RER) in cooperation with Miami Dade College is pleased to present the continuing education program for Board of Rules and Appeals certified personnel. Twelve (12) hours of training, applicable to everyone, will be provided. Individual four (4) hour modules directed at each specific trade will also be presented. Three (3) Saturday sessions and One (1) weekday session have been included to allow greater flexibility in ensuring attendance while maintaining department staffing levels. Additionally, an eight (8) hour seminar for Structural Plans Examiners will be provided. All seminars will satisfy the sixteen (16) hours of biennial (each even numbered year) continuing education credit necessary for recertification by the Board of Rules and Appeals.
This year’s (First day G1), General 8-hour modules will be provided virtually, and the (Second day G2) 4-hour General, module and afternoon Breakout trade modules will be in person at the Miami Dade College Kendall Campus located at 11011 S.W. 104 St. Building F, Miami, FL 33176. See map.
Instructions for Choosing the Class Sessions and Modules
The system being implemented for the 2023 Class Registration requires certified code officials to access the new BORA Certification Portal. If you have already completed your onboarding for our system and have an account, access the Continuing Education tile in the Inspectors/Plans Examiners tab, and register for your classes.
If you have not completed your onboarding, you will need to receive an e-mail from Microsoft Invitations on behalf of Miami-Dade (Pascual Mejia) with instructions. Once you have access to the BORA Certification portal, you will be able to register for the classes.
The general class module (G1) will be virtual and will require an additional registration with the course provider. Once you are registered on the BORA Certification Portal for the classes, you will receive an e-mail with links to register with the provider. Upon completing the course provider’s AM and PM registrations, you will receive the links to access the classes.
- Do not duplicate registration for the same module.
- Non-registered individuals will not be admitted to any of the classes. Only those individuals that completed the registration in advance will be allowed to attend the classes.
- Seats are limited for each module and are available on a first-come basis.
- You can change your schedule by accessing the BORA Certification Portal at any time. Please make any needed changes as soon as possible so others can benefit from seats available.
You can access the BORA Certification Portal at any time to check your class schedule.
If you have any questions, please contact our staff:
- Jaime D. Gascon 786-315-2508
- Myrtelle Devilme - [email protected]
- Amador Barzaga - 786-315-2559
- Dexter C. Bleasdell - 786-315-2556
- Lundy Clarke - 786-315-2057
- Eduardo Gonzalez - 786-315-2012
- John T. Hall - 786-315-2557
- Pedro (Pete) Quintela - 786-315-2518
- Gaspar Rodriguez - 786-315-2232