Expedited Programs & Services
- To encourage and promote the construction of workforce housing units and affordable housing projects, Miami-Dade County has established an expedited plan review program to ensure the timely processing of permit applications and review of plans.
For more information, check the Affordable and Workforce Housing Expedited program.
Simultaneously, Miami-Dade County offers a Workforce Housing Development Program, a voluntary program that provides density bonuses and other incentives for the development of workforce housing.
- The Alternative Plan Review and Inspections (Private Provider) program allows the "Fee Owner" the option of using a private provider to conduct plan review and inspection duties in lieu of the municipal building department personnel.Under this optional program, the Building Official for Miami-Dade will not review the plans submitted or perform the code inspections, subject only to the quality assurance program established by ordinance.To learn more about the requirements, registration process, and forms, visit Alternative Plan Review and Inspections.
- The Concierge Plan Review is an optional service designed to expedite the issuance of a permit for large commercial buildings by working with a team of experienced plan reviewers.A permit applicant and their design professionals will meet with the Concierge Customer Assistance Team various times during the review process to ensure a complete submittal, as well as to clarify and resolve any review comments.The service is subject to the volume of requests and the availability of examiners to perform the review.To learn more about the requirements, processing and fees, visit Concierge Plan Review.
- The Cookie Cutter Program was designed to expedite the Plan Review process for the construction of a home(s) with no options to change the configuration that is being built on a repetitive basis.Developers, design professionals or contractors who utilize the same model of home on a repetitive basis can participate in the Cookie Cutter Program.Once the model is initially approved, subsequent reviews will only be required for site location. These reviews are as follows:
To learn about requirements, processing, and obtaining a Cookie Cutter permit, visit Cookie Cutter Program.
- Impact Fees
- Plumbing (site review only)
- Public Works (including related concurrency reviews)
- Structural (site review for soil statement and special inspector requirements)
- Zoning (including related concurrency reviews)
- To encourage energy and water-efficient environmentally friendly construction, the County offers a Green Building Expedited Plan Review program for commercial, industrial and residential green building-certified projects. Projects meeting the following criteria are eligible:
- Limited to new construction of residential, commercial and industrial projects. Additions, alterations, repairs and the new construction of accessory structures are not eligible for the expedited program
- The project has a dollar value of $50,000 or more
- The applicant must submit, at time of permit application, an original or certified copy of a letter from the Florida Green Building Coalition or the United States Green Building Council indicating that the design has been registered or certified as a green building by the organization.
- The Master Model Program may be established for a subdivision containing a minimum of 25 lots for single family residential, fee-simple townhouse, duplex, cluster home and zero lot line development.This program may also be utilized for certain commercial and multifamily residential developments once approval is obtained from Zoning Plans Processing.To establish a Master Model program, submit the following:
Obtain a process number and pay the required upfront fee. The establishment of the Master Model will be reviewed by a zoning compliance processor. Plans will then be routed to plumbing, electrical, mechanical-energy and structural for review. Applicants will be notified once review has been complete.If corrections are required, you must resubmit for final plans review. Once all reviews are approved, submit to structural processing for electronic "approved for Master Model" stamp.At this time payment is made for the master model permits. The permit cards will show a dummy permit number and a model number. This permit number is the Master Model number that will be used when requesting building permits.When the above steps are completed, the Master Model program is established and building permit application for the individual lots may be submitted.For more assistance, email the Permit Counter at RER-SPA[email protected] or call 786-315-2100.
- One building permit application for each model proposed
- One set of plans for each model
- One copy of the final plat so addresses can be assigned. An analysis sheet will be returned to you showing the addresses and folio numbers to be used when pulling building permits
- A letter of intent specifying the number of lots in the development, the subdivision name and the intent to set up a Master Model program. The master model file will be set up by the name of the subdivision
- If the project has been approved by public hearing or administrative site plan review (ASPR), submit copies of the approved site plan for the project.
- CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLEOptional Plan Review allows individuals the option to receive an expedited plan review for a fee.Types of plan review available through this service
Applicants may request a complete review (single or multiple disciplines) of all required building trade reviews:
- Plumbing & Gas
Additionally, the Optional Plan Review Service is offered for Division of Environmental Resources Management (DERM) plan reviews of:
- DERM Core Review(s) include Flood (when applicable), Water Supply, Wastewater, Wellfield Protection, and identification of Specialty Reviews.
- DERM Specialty Review(s) include Air, Asbestos, Coastal, Industrial, Paving and Drainage, Pollution Remediation, Pre-treatment, Storage Tanks, Trees, Water Control, and Wetlands.
Note: Zoning/Planning, Public Works, Fire Rescue Department, Water and Sewer Department, and the State of Florida Department of Health are not included in the Optional Plan Review Service. However, check with departments directly to determine if similar services are available.Advantages of Optional Plan ReviewGenerally, each review requested will be ready the next business day. Commercial or residential projects of unusual size or complexity may require additional time.CostThe fee is $60.00 per discipline for residential and $120.00 minimum per discipline for commercial. For Environmental (DERM), the fee is $60 per Core review and $60 per additional Specialty review.
All fees are subject to a 7.5% surcharge.Fees must be paid at the time of request for service. The fee for Optional Plan Review is in addition to the regular permit fee and is non-refundable.Commercial or residential projects of unusual size or complexity may be assessed an additional fee based upon the length of time required for plan review.Service availabilityThis service is subject to the volume of requests and availability of Plans Examiners to perform the review. Additionally, commercial projects of unusual size or complexity will be evaluated by supervisory personnel to ensure plan reviews can be completed within the specific deadlines.To request Optional Plan Review, call 786-315-2100 to ensure availability. A completed contact sheet with "OPR" selected under plans will be required for the submittal.
Online OptionsPlan Status & Application (Portal)
Permitting and Inspection CenterEdward A. Rojas
Permitting and Inspection Center
11805 SW 26th Street, Miami, FL 33175