Prepare Your Business
- Back up critical computer data and store it off premises
- Make a complete inventory of your business and take plenty of picture
- Make sure employee emergency contact information is up to date, and that you have an employee communication plan in place, which includes a designated out of town phone number where employees can check in and receive company information.
- Create procedures for hurricanes so employees will know what to do and post them in advance
- Protect electronic equipment from possible water damage
- Have extra cash and blank checks in case extra money is needed after the storm
- Establish a temporary location for business operations in case your facility is damaged
- Identify a safe room for employees who must remain in the buildin
- Give employees enough time to secure their homes and families.
- Secure the building and items that cannot be brought inside
Emergency ManagementPete Gomez
R. David Paulison Fire Rescue Headquarters
9300 NW 41st St, Miami, FL 33178-2414
305-468-5400 | [email protected]