Where can I get the vaccination booster shot?
The use of Pfizer's booster shot was authorized by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on Sept. 22, 2021. The following groups of people who completed their first series of the Pfizer-BioNTech at least six months ago are eligible to receive the booster:
- People 65 years and older
- People age 18+ in long-term care settings
- People age 18+ with underlying medical conditions
- People age 18+ who work or reside in high-risk settings, including:
- First responders and healthcare workers
- Education staff
- Food and agriculture workers
- Corrections workers and inmates
- Public transit workers
- Grocery store workers
- Residents of homeless shelters
Get the latest information about eligibility for the Pfizer booster from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
People eligible to receive the Pfizer booster shot can visit any County-supported vaccination sites being operated by NOMI Health as well as as CVS Pharmacy or Walgreens Pharmacy. Bring a valid photo ID and proof of receiving the first two doses of the Pfizer vaccine.
On Aug. 12, 2021, the FDA also approved the issuance of a third dose of the Moderna vaccine only for certain immunocompromised individuals. The third dose of the Moderna vaccine for qualified individuals is being offered at County-supported vaccination sites that offer the Moderna vaccine.
To find a vaccination site near you, please visit www.miamidade.gov/vaccine.