The Youth Commission was established for one sole purpose: to let your voice be heard. Be active, get involved and participate in the process of County government.
The responsibilities include:
- To foster increased youth involvement in County government.
- To study the problems and hold forums on issues, activities and concerns of youth.
- To comment on existing or proposed legislation, ordinances, resolutions and policies.
- To present methods to resolve youth-related conflicts between youth and adults.
- To recommend the implementation of community programs to improve the lives of youth.
- To work with other youth organizations in the County to collaborate on shared issues and interests.
- To submit to the Mayor and Board of County Commissioners an annual report.
- To participate in workshops.
- To meet with the official who appointed the Youth Commission member on a quarterly basis, or at the discretion of the appointing official.
View our calendar of events
Become a Volunteer
The Youth Movement Newsletter
Juvenile ServicesCathy Burgos, LCSW
275 NW 2nd Street,
Miami, FL 33128
305-755-6200 | [email protected]